So by know, I am sure you all know that we love our Dhokla :D. We have tried various ingredients for Dhoklas like Corn Dhokla, Peas Dhokla and now presenting new healthy ingredients Oats and Sooji to make Dhokla .When I first thought of trying out Oats and Suji Dhokla..I have to say I did not know how this would turn out…
The taste the texture the color..but have to say the outcome was very good :D. We all loved it .. what a healthy way to start your day or have it with a cup of tea in the evening .
This delicious Oats & sooji dhokla recipe is easy, simple and takes literally few minutes to prepare.Do try it !!
- 1 cup Quick rolled Oats
- 1 cup soji
- 4 tbsp Yogurt/dahi
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder/kali mirch
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda/ eno/fruit salt
- 2 green chillies/ finely chopped
- 1tsp sesame seed/til
- curry leaves/optional
- cilantro /chopped/garnish
- 1tsp Cumin seed/jeera
- 1tsp Mustard seed/rai
- A pinch Asafetida/Hing
- Take a pan and dry roast Oats and then grind them.
- Take a bowl and add roasted Oats and sooji and dahi, salt,black pepper powder, baking soda and add water and make a thick batter.
- Then keep this batter aside for about an 20mins.
- Take a plate/thali and grease it well with oil and then pour the batter in this plate
Steam this dhokla mixture for about 10-15 minutes.
- Take it out Sprinkle some red chilli powder and black pepper powder and cut into desired shape.
- Take a small pan and then add oil. When the oil gets hot,add mustard seeds, jeera, sesame seed then add curry leaves and green chillies.
- Then pour this tadka on dhokla.
- Oats & Suji Dhokla is ready to be served 🙂