The holidays are finally here. The next couple weeks are going to be super busy. With the holidays and kids being home and ofcourse all the family and social gatherings, it is going to be fun. I am all excited about the holidays, but I am already starting to worry about keeping my little one entertained and occupied (in a good way, I mean). So let’s hope for the best. With all the energy he has, it’s not an easy task. Specially when he is into superheros and thinks its cool jump down the stairs when he is saving the planet. Phew!!!
Anyways so coming back to the post, this morning I made an Christmas tree open toast for A. He decorated it tree with his red and green ornaments and topped it off with some shredded cheese as snowflakes. It turned out to be pretty cute. Then to complete the tree I made a stem from a slice of toast with peanut butter on it.
Ofcourse he first nibbled on the slice with peanut butter and then had a slice topped with veggies. I was just glad that he tried something new. Little things that make me happy.
- 3 slices of brown bread
- 1/8 cup bell peppers chopped (red, green, orange)
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 tsp peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp sandwich masala (optional)
- Toast the three slices of bread.
- Spread butter.
- Sprinkle bell peppers or vegetables or your choice and cheese on 2 slices of bread. Cut them into triangular halves.
- Cut the last slice into a rectangular half and spread some peanut butter on it.
- Arrange it as shown in the picture above and the edible Christmas tree is ready. Happy Holidays.