The healthy Blueberry Breakfast Bulgar Bowl is very easy to put together. It’s filling and full of healthy fat, vitamins, and nutrients. It is a hot grain breakfast that is nourishing and refreshing at the same time. It gets pretty cold during winters in Virginia (of course cold is a relative thing, but it does get cold for us as we are not used to it) and this BBBB is ideal for hectic morning and it takes only few minutes to assembly this delicious breakfast bowl.
Lets talk more about Bulgar wheat /Bulgur/(Daliya)
Bulgar is a popular whole wheat alternative that is made by parboiling the wheat and then drying it. It’s a very popular addition to meals and dips in the Middle Eastern culture for making pilafs, tabbouleh, kibbeh etc. It has also been used in North India for the preparation of some local dishes. Bulgar is a wholewheat grain and offers many health benefits and nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, antioxidants.
- 1 cup cracked Bulgar wheat/daliya/Cooked
- 1.5 cup 2% miLK
- 1 Tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes/unsweetened/Toasted
- 2 Tbsp Agave/Raw honey
- The night before, bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat, add bulgur, cover and let soak overnight. (You can cook the grains directly in the morning, it will only take a little longer).
- In the morning, put the pan back with Bulgar wheat over a low-medium heat, add milk. Simmer until the liquid is absorbed, about five minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve in individual bowls, sprinkle with Blueberries ,coconut flakes,Almonds and ,Serve hot with an extra drizzle of honey.Try out out Bulgar wheat salad & Bulgar breakfast Firni