I usually don’t ask my Hubby R1 to go to the grocery store to get stuff for me. He always ends up with too many items in the shopping cart.. a lot more than what I had asked him to bring. R1 would always throw a tub of hummus in the cart as he loves to have them with chips at home. That was until I figured out these simple hummus recipes. Honestly this tastes way better than anything we tasted or have found at the store and that brings us to the post of the day … Homemade Hummus Trio.
- Cilantro & Lime Hummus: Fresh Cilantro & Lime makes this Hummus to die for, great for a snack option or appetizer at the next party.
- Roasted Red Bell Pepper Hummus :In this fresh take on classic hummus, we blend in roasted red bell peppers for bright color and smoky flavor. Spread it on a wrap, add some grilled veggies and relish it.
- Garlicky Hummus :Make this healthy garlic hummus and pair it with whole wheat pita bread or Veggies for a delicious fiber-filled snack.
These Homemade Hummus Trios are unique in flavor and acts as a perfect accompaniment while entertaining your guests.
Hummus is a Levantine and Egyptian food dip or spread made from cooked, mashed chickpeas or other beans, blended with tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt . The base ingredients for the Homemade Hummus Trios is the same and adding some more key ingredients can drastically change the flavors. We have listed the key ingredients for the flavored version in the recipes below.
I always keep few cans of garbanzo beans in the pantry… To make hummus!
It’s so easy to make in a food processor, takes all of 5 minutes
It’s simple really.Packed with good-for-you fats, hummus is a favorite go-to for quick, healthy snacks
1. Cilantro-Lime Hummus:
- Add the garbanzo beans, Cilantro leaves, olive oil, lime juice, garlic, cumin, green chiil and salt to taste in the food processor.
- Process until smooth and creamy.
- Garnish this hummus with sesame seeds and Extra virgin olive oil , if desired.
2. Roasted Red Bell Pepper Hummus:
Most stores nowadays sell jars of roasted bell peppers, so if you don’t feel like roasting your own, feel free to use the jarred peppers. If you do wish to roast your own peppers.
- Roast the red bell peppers till the skin fully char and blacken.
- Then placing the charred red peppers in a sealed container while they are still hot. This created a kind of steaming effect while they cool that also makes them easier to peel.
- Add the garbanzo beans, 1 Roasted/peeled/chopped red bellpepper, the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, red chilly powder and salt to taste in the food processor.
- Process until smooth and creamy.
- Garnish this hummus with dried crushed red pepper flakes & some Nigella sativa , if desired.
3. Garlicky hummus :
- Add the garbanzo beans, 2 tablespoons of water, the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, and salt to taste in the food processor.
- Process until smooth and creamy. If needed, add additional water to thin out the hummus .
- Give a tempering of 1 finely chopped garlic just before serving or just drizzle with 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil just before serving, if desired.Store covered in the refrigerator.
- Cover and chill 2 hours or up to 3 days.
For more healthy ideas and recipes subscribe to our email or follow us on Facebook to stay updated with all the healthy information we share. Check out our Pinterest boards for all the healthy eating inspiration you’ll ever need. For an unending buffet of healthy photographed food, follow us on Instagram