Irresistible is what this snack is for me. I cannot express how much I love these little guys :D…The perfect, high protein, crunchy snack! These Minty and Garlicky Roasted Chickpeas are so filling. Last week we went for camping and wanted to make something healthy to munch on while trekking, so made these Minty and Garlicky Roasted Chickpeas & I wanted to share with you how easy they are to make. Check out our 20 healthy road trips snacks . What I love about chickpeas is that they have a relatively neutral, nutty, flavor that goes well with all kinds of ingredients.
I love to call them Chickpeas because I think it sounds cuter… but it does not matter what you call it Chickpeas or Garbanzo Beans, they are nutrient rich & have a wide range of healthy benefits. In addition to being high in Fiber & a great source of vegetarian protein they are also a low glycemic food which helps promote weight loss by controlling your appetite.
Its so simple, coat chickpeas in olive oil & choice of herbs and spices ( If you have Dried Mint leaves). Toss them in the oven .
Benefits of Mint leaves/dried mint leaves:
Nausea & Headache
Respiratory Disorders and Coughs
Depression and Fatigue
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas if using canned . If making at home soak the chickpeas overnite. Add sufficient water in a pressure cooker with the soaked chickpeas and cook it for 20 mins.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Pour the chickpeas on top and use more paper towels to dry them off as well as possible.
- Remove the paper towels.
- Sprinkle the chickpeas with the spices gently.
- Spread them on a baking sheet,Spray the chickpeas with olive oil.
- Place pan in a oven.
- Set oven to 410* F and let roast for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 8-10 minutes.
- Turn the oven off.
- These are light crisp on the outside and soft inside.. If you like more of a BITE..
- Leave pan in the oven for 30 minutes after you turn the oven OFF.
let these Yummy Minty & Garlicky Roasted Chickpeas cool completely before transferring to a storage container.