This Thai Salad with my Green Coconut dressing is a perfect feel-good summer salad. The salad is an amazingly delicious fusion of flavors. You are going to love this dressing because all the best Thai ingredients make this dressing very refreshing and flavorful. The entire salad, including the dressing is vegan and raw. Don’t you love it when you have a no-cook recipe. Well I love to stack up such recipes on the top. It’s great for those days when time is short and you need to make something that is ready in a jiffy. Atleast that is the criteria for me. For Dr.Mystery the criteria is that no matter how short on time one is, the food must taste good. We both do like our food to be healthy too. So the awesome part is that this salad and dressing meets all those criteria. It also happens to be a great salad for some detox.
Folks who follow the blog sincerely, will know that I love my salad to be colorful. It’s a great way to incorporate colorful food in our diet. These colorful fruits and veggies are nutritional powerhouses. Packed with photonutrients – natural chemicals found in plants. These photo nutrients act as immune system boosters, antioxidants, reduce inflammation and promote eye and heart health. So to get these natural chemicals from plants (known as photo nutrients) we must incorporate colorful fruits and veggies into our diet. Ofcourse no salad is complete with lots of greens, so I chose some friendly greens like lettuce, scallions and bell peppers. While the lettuce and the bell peppers add the crunch, the scallions add a mild flavor. Carrots break the monotony of green and yellow. Since I am a lover of mangoes that are in season right now, these mango tidbits intensify the flavor & aroma. Used to be a lover of corn too, until I found out it’s a GMO and is covered with Glyphosate which draws out vital nutrients from living things. It’s not like I don’t consume corn at all, but I have minimized corn consumption to a great deal. Since Non-GMO corn is not easy to find I now use organic corn, if and when I do.
100% Organic versus Certified Organic / USDA Organic
As per USDA regulations for a product to be 100% organic, it must contain 100 percent organically produced ingredients and should be completely GMO free. Which is different from Certified Organic / USDA Organic where only 95% of the ingredients need to be Organic. I will dive into more details in another post because for the remainder of the 5%.
Green Coconut Dressing
What do you get when you combine ingredients like coconut milk, peanut butter, Thai green chillies and fresh garden herbs like basil, cilantro and lemongrass. Can you imagine all these individual flavors in just one dressing. It is by far one of the best dressings I have enjoyed on a salad. Simple, refreshing and loaded with the goodness of healthy saturated fats from the coconut milk and the protein from peanut butter. Consuming these two ingredients with raw fruits and vegetables makes up for high calories in coconut milk and peanut butter. So make sure you use some low fat coconut milk please. I love that this dressing can be freezed and reused later. However it’s so easy to make that I would rather recommend that you make it fresh every single time to enjoy the freshness of herbs.
Did you realize that the dressing is a combination of Thai green curry and yellow curry. Well these are both my favorite Thai curries and I was really curious to fuse these flavors and taste the outcome. I am so glad I tried this cos it tuned out to be lipsmackingly delicious. Dr.Mystery loved it and so did my sister and BIL. Some of my friends taste it too and they loved the fusion of flavors too. So I would highly encourage you to try this dressing the next time you feel like a salad. The dressing is simple to make and is ready in under 5 minutes.
Off late this has become one of my favorite salads and you will be seeing many more variations soon. Do you have a favorite salad dressing that you love so much that you can’t ever get bored of it? Tell us by leaving your comments. If you like this recipe share it with your friends and family, I am sure they will love a no-cook, raw recipe. Also when you try this recipe don’t forget to tag us.
For more healthy ideas and recipes subscribe to our email or follow us on Facebook to stay updated with all the healthy information we share. Check out our Pinterest boards for all the healthy eating inspiration you’ll ever need. For an unending buffet of healthy photographed food, follow us on Instagram