If you like mushrooms, especially stuffed, like me and my family , then you have to try these No Fry Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms. Oh my goodness, these are just out of the world! These stuffed mushrooms are low in cholesterol and sodium and high in iron 🙂
This is a No Fry Pesto Stuffed Mushroom recipe and if you are assuming that i am going to bake this babes, then you are wrong. I am using my favorite Appe Pan / Paniyaram pan / Aebleskiver pan… this pan has so many names .I just love making no fry items in this pan for a healthier alternative than deep frying which the traditional way of making them. I started my journey as a food blogger due to the Appe Pan’s healthier no fry option. Its an amazing thing and I wanted my friends and colleagues to know about the options to deep frying and enjoying their favorite recipes guilt free.
These No Fry pesto Stuffed Mushrooms are so easy and quick to prepare. I wonder WHY I don’t make them more often. These are great as an appetizer for dinners or served at a cocktail party. Enjoy them for any of your upcoming get-togethers and watch the disappear FAST!!
Did you know??
Mushrooms are made up of around 90% water. A single Portabella mushroom can contain more potassium than a banana. All fruits and vegetables, mushrooms are naturally gluten free, and make a delicious and nutritious addition to a gluten-free diet.
- For filling:
Check out our Creamy Cilantro & Mint Vegan pesto
- Separate the stem from the mushroom cap by gently wiggling . It should pop out. Do this for all the mushrooms, then set aside.
- Take a heaping teaspoon full of the Cilantro & Mint Vegan pesto filling and stuff it inside the cap. Continue stuffing all the mushrooms.
- Take the crushed cornflakes in a bowl and add the Italian seasoning to it and mix it through.
- Add water to the Chickpea flour and add some salt & pepper to taste.
- Coat the mushrooms in the Chickpea flour mixture and then dip them in the crushed cornflakes.
- Heat the Appe pan ( Aebleskiver pan).
- Spray the coated & stuffed Mushrooms wit some oil spray( If youwant you can add few drops of oil in each hole of the pan.
- Add each mushrooms in each cavity of the pan and cook it on medium to low flame foe 5 -10 mins .
- Keep turning it every 2 minutes .
- Remove it from the pan when they are crispy and golden in color .
- Cut it in half if you want or just serve as it is with your choice of sauce.
- If you liked this recipe and need some ideas and inspiration to enjoy guilt-free cooking, check out our most popular post on the blog : 30 Appe Pan Recipes, Tips & Video . If you would like to buy the Appe pan, we recommend buying the Tabakh brand from Amazon.