Enjoy the Diwali festivities with these healthier alternatives. Wow, your friends and family with these quick and easy recipes. Most recipes are ready in under 30 minutes.
It’s that time of the year when we miss being away from home the most. Miss being with our loved ones, miss the festivities and ofcourse all the food. Nothing beats the festive spirit of Diwali back home, in India. The streets are crowded with busy shoppers buying gifts, food and clothing. The streets are all lit up and decorated with lights. Visiting friends and families and exchanging edible gifts is a very common tradition. Children are all excited about their goodies & gifts and fireworks. Diwali tash parties (poker parties), dinner parties and get-togethers! It’s an awesome time of the year to be in India to enjoy the festive season of Diwali. Ofcourse no Indian festival is complete without mithai (treats), so it surely is the busiest time of the year for all the mithaiwalas (sweet merchants). Not only are sweets exchanged but savory dishes are a hit too. There is no doubt that eating healthy during can become very challenging. So we’ve got you covered. We compiled a list of recipes from The Belly Rules The Mind that are perfect for Diwali and are healthy at the same time. See we’ve always got your covered :)
- Dry Fruit Gujiya Bites, loaded with the goodness of dried fruits and nuts, these portion controlled bites are naturally sweetened.
- Skinny Baked Gujiya, a healthier alternative to the traditionally fried gujiya, these gujiyas are made with Sooji/ Semolina, minus all the Khoya/Mava.
- Chikki, all you need to make this is 5 minutes and 4 ingredients. Naturally sweetened, vegan & gluten-free.
- Dry Fruit Laddoo, satisfy your sweet cravings with these delicious, naturally sweetened, no-cook laddoos.
- Chocolate Quinoa Fudge Balls, low-fat laddoos made with quinoa, almonds, and date. How good is that?
- Apricot Energy Balls, 3 ingredients & 10 mins and these gorgeous beauties are ready. Vegan, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free & Paleo
- Pineapple Sandesh, literally made with just 2 ingredients and add whatever toppings you like.
- Fudge Cake, made with Indian superfoods, this fudge cake is ready in 10 minutes.
- Dark Chocolate Energy Bites, if you like something chocolatey especially with kids, this is a great way to give them a treat and some nutrition too.
- Cereal Chivda, wow your friends and family with this easy peasy and super delicious Chivda.
- Baked Multigrain Mathri, the easiest mathri ever that is ready in 30 minutes. Crunchy and delicious.
- Samosa, ditch the traditional triangular puffs and check out are 8 creative ideas to serve samosas.
- Instant Masala Peanuts, super easy and always a big hit.
- Roasted Chickpeas, irresistible!!! You are going to love the flavors of this one.
- Roasted Flavored Cashews, leave these flavored nuts on the table for your guests to enjoy or share them with your friends.
So this Diwali, are you planning on impressing your friends and family with these healthier alternatives? These are some of our popular recipes from the blog, so for sure you won’t be disappointed. Try them to believe them. Don’t forget to give us a shout out when you do or tag us on Facebook or Instagram @dbellyrulesdmind. A very Happy & Safe Diwali to all those celebrating. Best wishes from The Belly Rules The Mind team, Anvita Soniya, Raminder & Dr.Mystery.