If you ask my 2 year old, his favorite meal of the day. He would say ‘Snack time’. Simply because I try not to repeat the same old options of yogurt / fruit / goldfish etc. etc. I rather try and make new things for him than repeat the classic options. In an attempt to introduce him to something new, I baked carrot fries. With these delicious baked carrot fries there is no need to sacrifice flavor for healthiness. Also kids enjoy the crispy crunchy texture.
The good thing about these is that
- Guilt free
- Full of fiber
- High in beta -carotene
- 1 cup carrot sticks
- 1 tbsp. oil
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Seasoning (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Thoroughly wash the carrots and peel them.
- Using a mandolin slice carrot in carrot sticks or cut them about ½” x ½” x 3”.
- In a mixing bowl combine carrots, oil, black pepper and salt. At this point you could also add any seasoning of your choice. Mix and make sure the carrots sticks are well coated.
- Place the carrot sticks in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the carrots are completely tender. Turn sides after 10 minutes. You will notice that the slices will start to curl a little and start turning golden brown on the edges.
- They are ready to be served with some homemade ranch or yogurt dip.