“No one can eat just one” the popular slogan holds very true for chip lovers. Although my hubby is more fond of potato chips, I prefer veggie chips like sweet potato, beets etc. On the other hand my son doesn’t really care what chip it is, as long as he can relish some. So I recently baked these beet chips at home and loved the fact that they were a healthier alternative to the store bought chips. Ofcourse this preparation is also quick and easy. The best part was they lacked that “dirty” earthy flavor. We cannot emphasize enough how healthy beets are. So friends please raise awareness as here are 7 reasons why you must love beets or rather incorporate them into your diet.
- 3 medium – large sized beets, sliced
- black pepper powder
- salt to taste
- herbs for flavoring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Thinly slice beets with a mandolin (or a sharp knife), getting them as consistently thin as possible. Ideally the slices should curl a little when cut. This will ensure even baking and crispiness.
- Spread the beets on the rack and spray / drizzle some oil and sprinkle some crushed black pepper and salt. At this point you can add any herbs for flavoring. Rosemary goes well I have heard.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until crispy and slightly brown. Be sure to watch closely past the 15 minute mark as they can burn quickly.
- Remove from oven, let cool. Then serve.