Its 4th of July… America’s Independence day.. Ok so i am not here for a lesson on history :-) I wanted to check how everyone was celebrating the independence.
We are celebrating it by making an easy, everyday dessert that is quick to make and sure to please everyone. These are great to make ahead of time and have for weekday dinners or when you want to surprise the kids with something yummy, or they can be a special treat for 4th of July this weekend!
So R2 loves jello and R3 loves custard :D You guessed it correct jello custard shots.
I had a fun time making this coz my kids were there with me helping me make this .
Either way, they are sure to be a hit for your 4th of July Cookout or any other get-togethers .
- 1 package (3oz) Jello-o brand gelatin, Blue
- 3 cup 2 % milk
- Fresh fruit strawberries/cherries
- 2-3 tbsp custard powder
- 4tbsp agave nectar
- Boil the milk add in the custard powder(add some water).Keep stirring till it thickens ,on slow flame.
- Add in the sweetener / I used Agave.
- Cover it with a cling paper to avoid the skin and let it chill for few hours.
- Prepare gelatin according to package directions. Chill until slightly thickened.
- Chill glasses at an angle until jello is set.
- Spoon custard into the glasses.
- Garnish with your choice of fruits.