A few days ago Anvita prepared a Beta-Carotene Salad alongside with lunch. We made that salad again and we had some left overs, so I thought of preparing an Eggfree Vegetable Slaw.
Slaw is nothing but vegetables, most variations of cabbage that are finely shredded and consumed with either a creamy or a vinegar based dressing. Since both my daughters don’t consume eggs, I decided to make an eggfree version of the slaw using hung curd / yogurt.
- Prepare 1 cup of Beta-Carotene Salad.
- 1 cup hung yogurt
- 1 tsp. black pepper, crushed
- salt to taste
- Prepare the hung curd / yogurt. I scoop the yogurt into a muslin cloth. Enclose it and tie a knot. I hang it on one of my shelf knobs, keeping an empty bowl underneath to collect all the whey. Hang it overnight preferably. If you can’t wait that long atleast 4- 5 hours. Don’t throw they whey away, it can be used to knead dough.
- Once all the whey is drained out, mix the veggies and hung yogurt. Add black pepper and salt and mix it well.
- Use it as a dip / spread or even as is.