Cakes!! Yes SR3 as we fondly call ourselves (Soniya, R1, R2 and R3) have a sweet tooth for cakes. For us they are irresistible, however we are also conscious of the preservatives, calories and sugar content in the ones that we get in the market.. So today I am sharing with you the recipe for a moist, melt in your mouth butterscotch flavored Eggless Fruit Cake. Perfect tea time cake that contains no eggs, just lots of flavor. This Eggless fruit cake is so easy to whip up and you can have this ready to go in to the oven in about 5-7 minutes. Your family & friends will love the aroma of this freshly baked cake . Better yet, they will love sinking their teeth into this scrumptious Cake!
The cake makes a perfect companion for for a tea time sweet fix. What’s more, it doesn’t need eggs or a fancy mixer. The addition of semolina gives the cake its perfect texture. Me and my Hubby love Britannia Fruit Cake, available in India and feast on it whenever we visit India. So as usual when Mr R1 went for grocery shopping .. which I rarely tell him *SIGH*… he gets a pack of the cake and upon questioning..he said he was craving it. Now to ensure that he does not end up buying this from the store again, I had to make this fruit cake at home, which is so simple and easy to prepare. If you have ever tried the Britannia fruit cake its definitely better than that :D plus there are no unwanted ingredients/preservatives in this recipe.
Its moist, not too sweet, a very good tea time snack or lunch box treat for the kids, this cake is sure to become a hit with your family and friends.
- In a bowl add the curd, oil and sugar.
- Mix well until all the ingredients are well combine.
- Add in the Butterscotch extract and mix well.
- In a bowl add the flour, semolina,Baking soda & Baking powder, mix it well.
- Add in the tutti-frutti and toss well with the mixture. make sure that the tutti frutti are fully coated with flour mixture.
- Now combine the dry and wet ingredients together and mix well.
- It will be a slight thick better.
- Prepare a loaf pan, by greasing in butter and coat it with flour and tap of the excess flour.
- Pour in the batter in the loaf pan. Preheat the oven in 350*F .
- Bake in 360*F for about 30-35 mins or until a tooth pick comes out clean when inserted in the cake.
- Wait till the cake cools down completely , before you cut the slice… I know its very difficult ;) but to get the clean cut slice you need to wait :)
Store it in a air tight container..
1:Toss the tutti frutti in the flour, Otherwise it might get submerged in the bottom of the cake pan while baking.
2:Use fresh curd
3:You can use all purpose flour too