Cut down your carb intake through this awesome and delicious Instant pot Mexican Cauliflower Rice Bowl. This easy cauliflower rice bowl recipe tastes amazing and works for any meal of the day. Don’t forget to check out my meal prep tips + serving ideas! (Gluten-Free, keto-friendly, Vegan, Video Recipe) . Because who doesn’t love eating the food they LOVE and not feeling the need to count and burn countless calories afterward.
Come Fall in love with the Mexican Cauliflower Rice Bowl!
How many days until summer again? Don’t worry, we’ll be there before we know. In the meantime, let’s make and enjoy this Mexican Cauliflower rice bowl in your Instant Pot! It’s no secret that I and my family have a thing for Mexican food. I make it in some form at least twice a week and we have countless recipes on the blog for, beans, salads, enchiladas, salsa and on the blog. This Mexican cauliflower rice bowl recipe is an awesome recipe when I am hungry and don’t want to count my calories.
Low Carb Mexican Cauliflower Rice Burrito Bowl Recipe
We love our Instant Pot Burrito Bowl Recipe. It’s the first thing I can think of making after a long and tiring day. It’s fast, easy, healthy, delicious. Our Instant pot Burrito Bowl recipe was such hit and so many of you asked for a Low Carb version! Here is a delicious version and it’s really quite simple. This recipe has lime, cilantro, cauliflower, black beans, colorful bell peppers, and seasoning. Yep, that’s it! It really doesn’t need anything else. It’s got lots of fresh, bright flavor and low carb. It’s light, refreshing and fun.
Mexican Cauliflower Rice bowl is a perfect recipe for a Spanish project for my son R2’s school
This recipe is pretty simple requiring just 10 ingredients and 10 mins start to finish! This easy Instant pot Mexican cauliflower rice bowl recipe has hand minced cauliflower that soaks up all the flavors just like rice, but you don’t have all the carbs and calories that rice has. Making this recipe was so much FUN as R2 who is in 7 grade is learning Spanish and had a project about learning and writing a recipe in Spanish
Instant Pot Mexican Cauliflower Rice Bowl Recipe Video
Ingredients You’ll Need for This Mexican Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- Cauliflower – Coliflor
- Olive oil – Aceite de Oliva
- onions – Cebolla
- Garlic -Ajo
- Frozen corn – Maíz Congelado
- Black beans – Frijol negro
- Salt – Sal
- Taco seasoning- Condimento para tacos
- Bell pepper – campanero
- Lime – Lima
- Cilantro – Phew>>>> Cilantro this was the only ingredient I got correct with my zero Spanish experience.. Yay! :P
Why is this Mexican Cauliflower Rice so awesome?
Protein- and fiber-rich
low carb (skip black beans and corn )
Crowd-pleasing & Made in Instant Pot
You can serve it as a main dish or side dish – Cauliflower, which belongs to the same family as cabbage, is an excellent source of Vitamin C, Vitamin B-Complex, fiber and minerals including iron and calcium. Seriously, the options are endless. This cauliflower rice can easily be a side dish to all sorts of main dishes, or you can add some protein of your choice and call it your main dish.
Zero Points on Weight Watchers Freestyle program? Yes, please!
We can certainly make some minor changes to the recipe to get a Zero point on the Weight Watchers Freestyle program. You can skip the Avocado and add some lettuce without points. I would still highly recommend adding some of our 5-minute avocado dip to take the recipe to a whole new level in terms of flavor and I can assure you that you will not regret
Make your own cauliflower rice:
Nowadays it is so easy to get cauliflower rice in packs in your favorite grocery store but if you are like me or prefer to save a few cents by making it yourself, it’s easy! The secret is to make sure to keep the cauliflower with a good bite and not overcook it to be mushy. Hand mince is a key factor is to get the perfect texture. Check out our whole cauliflower post.
Can I Use Store-Bought Frozen Cauliflower Rice?
Yes. Frozen Cauliflower Rice will work fine here too. Use 4-5 cups
Pack it for meal prep:
This Mexican cauliflower rice makes GREAT meal prep. I love these containers for storage and reheating.
skip the white rice and try this seriously delicious cauliflower “rice” instead! This version is packed with veggies and it has such a bright fresh flavor. It’s a healthy recipe you’ll want to make again and again!
How should you serve it? Can I make this ahead of time?
The 5-minute avocado dip also takes it to the next level – you get healthy fats, flavor, texture – the whole deal. which is probably my to go dip/sauce/ dressing. It goes with nearly everything and it’s so perfect here!
Also, if you’re planning to make this ahead of time, you can prepare everything in advance and be totally good to go with a toss in the skillet or microwave oven to reheat the fried rice.
Check out our Mexican Inspired Instant pot Recipes
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1 cup water (To steam the cauliflower)
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil (for Plant-based you can skip the oil and use water)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup onion/chopped
- 1 Tbsp Taco seasoning
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed in a strainer under hot water and drained well on paper towels
- 1 cup black beans /if using canned 1 -15oz drained and rinsed. You can make your own beans at home as well
- 1/2 cup Red bell pepper / diced
- 1/2 cup Green bell pepper / diced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro/chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 avocado, diced/ optional
- Wash cauliflower and separate the florets keep them big or chop it into a few large pieces.
- Add 1 cup water in the inner pot of the instant pot .Put all the pieces into the steamer insert in the Instant Pot .
- Close and lock the lid. Make sure the valve is closed.
- Set on manual for 00;00 minute. (It will take 3-5 mins to come to pressure)
- After the timer beeps, quick release
- Remove the cauliflower from the instant pot .
- Drain the water.
- Push Cancel and Press saute and when HOT add in the oil to the pot, then the chopped garlic ,jalapeno and onion and cook for few mins until translucent.Add taco seasoning.
- Add in the cooked cauliflower chunks.
- Break up with a potato masher .
- Add in the Corn , Bell peppers, black beans and mix it well .
- serve with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice .
Plant based option ( Skip oil)
You can add additional salt if needed
- Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
- McCormick Premium Taco Seasoning Mix 24 oz (pack of 2)
- Pyrex 3-Cup Rectangle Food Storage Container (Value Pack of 6 Containers)
- Calphalon Nylon Potato Masher Utensil
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 148 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 123mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 4g Protein: 6g