Here in the US, Memorial day long weekend has almost begun. We are taking ‘A’ to the beaches of Outer Banks, NC. Since I follow the 80 20 Rule, which means 80 parts HEALTHY and 20 parts INDULGENCE, I know for the next few days we will be consuming a whole lot of processed food with unnecessary ingredients. So in an attempt to pack some healthy snacking options for our travel, here is a great alternative to the store bought processed snacks. Just another fun way of getting your little one to consume veggies. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself nibbling on these too. Trust me when I say this, these will disappear from the plate in minutes as they are addictive.
Did you know
- Green peas naturally contain 0g fat and are a good source of Vitamin C.
- 2 cups of green peas
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash and thaw the frozen peas. Blot them with a paper towel to get rid of the moisture.
- Combine the garlic salt and oil and mix thoroughly, making sure the peas are well coated.
- Spread them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake them for approx. 30 minutes ot until they are crunchy enough.