Instant Oats Dhokla is a Savory Steamed Cake seasoned with curry leaves, and spices. Dhokla is a delicacy of Gujarat and this is the quick and healthy version of traditional recipe. Traditional recipe requires fermenting time of at least 6 hours. So if you ever wish to make instant dhokla without the wait and with some healthy goodness , this is the recipe.
Dhokla can be made using many different ingredients such as besan, moong and chana dal, etc. This variation is an instant dhokla without the fermentation process.
When I first thought of trying out Instant Oats Dhokla..I have to say I did not know how this would turn out. The taste the texture the color..but have to say the outcome was very good :D. We all loved it .
What a healthy way to start your day or have it with a cup of tea in the evening .This delicious Instant Oats dhokla recipe is easy, simple and takes literally few minutes to prepare.Do try it !!
- 1 cup Quick rolled Oats
- 1 cup soji
- 1 cup Yogurt/dahi
- 1/2 cup water (add it slowly to get the desired consistency)
- salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder/kali mirch
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda/ eno/fruit salt
- For tempering
- 2 green chillies/ finely chopped
- 1tsp sesame seed/til
- curry leaves/optional
- cilantro /chopped/garnish
- 1tsp Cumin seed/jeera
- 1tsp Mustard seed/rai
- A pinch Asafetida/Hing
- Take a pan and dry roast Oats and then grind them.
- Take a bowl and add roasted Oats and sooji and dahi, salt,black pepper powder, baking soda and add water and make a thick batter.
- Then keep this batter aside for about an 20mins.
- Take a plate/thali and grease it well with oil and then pour the batter in this plate
- Steam this dhokla mixture for about 10-15 minutes.
- Take it out Sprinkle some red chilli powder and black pepper powder and cut into desired shape.
- Take a small pan and then add oil. When the oil gets hot,add mustard seeds, jeera, sesame seed then add curry leaves and green chillies.
- Then pour this tadka on dhokla.
- Oats & Suji Dhokla is ready to be served .
If you land up trying this recipe, don't forget to send us you pictures on Instagram and tag us. Or drop in your review on our Facebook page. Check out our Pinterest boards for all the healthy eating inspiration you’ll ever need.