These Cookies are buttery and crumbly made with whole wheat & Oats with lots of Pistachios. Super easy Pistachio cookies recipe that anyone can make.
[avatar user="soniyasaluja" size="thumbnail" align="right" link="https://thebellyrulesthemind.net/about-us/" target="_blank"]Soniya.Saluja[/avatar]
Whole wheat pistachio cookies with oats-a crisp cookie full of Pistachio flavor. I made these few months back and my husband and kids went crazy for them. I thought these would be an “adult cookie.” Something to enjoy with a cup of tea but my kids enjoyed them as much as we enjoyed them. These go good with tea, coffee, and milk. These Whole Wheat Pistachio cookies with oats also turned out to be a favorite with my kids(Doing my happy dance ;) ). They fought over who would get to take them to their playdates to share with friends.These are not your average Pistachio cookies. They are loaded with Pistachios of course :P and uses whole wheat instead of All purpose flour and the goodness of oats what else can i ask in cookies??. You are sure to enjoy them as much as we do!
Do check out our other cookie recipes, try them at home and tell us how they turned out. To name a few of them, home made Digestives biscuits , Whole wheat custard cookies, Whole wheat cranberry cookies. If you love Pistachio flavor, then you are going to absolutely love these Whole wheat pistachio cookies with oats. They are packed with tons of pistachio & Cardamom flavor. They are dangerously delicious!
The house smelled amazing while these cookies baked. We couldn't wait to give them a try. Both my boys R2 & R3 had a really hard time controlling themselves around these cookies. I gave most of them away to my friends so we didn't sit around the house eating them all day (because we totally would have).
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Powder the oats in a food processor.
In a mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat flour,oats,sugar and coarsely powdered Pistachios well.
Add tablespoon of milk at a time till it form a dough.
Then mix up to form a ball of dough. Wrap the ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate 20 minutes.
Roll out the dough between two sheets of parchment paper .
Cut out cookies using cookie cutters, place on a tray lined with baking paper.Sprinkle some nut on it if you like
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Make sure to keep a close eye for 5 -8 min.
We need the cookies are a nice golden color.
Take off the baking sheet with a spatula (they are soft) and allow to cool.They will harden as they cool off.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup Butter Or oil
- 1/2 cup Coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2-4 tablespoon milk/ room temperature/for vegan version you can use almond or soy milk
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup Pistachios/ crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Powder the oats in a food processor .
- In a mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat flour,oats, baking soda, ,sugar and coarsely powdered Pistachios well.
- Add in the melted butter or oil.
- Then mix up to form a ball of dough. Wrap the ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of parchment paper .
- Cut out cookies using cookie cutters, place on a tray lined with baking paper.Sprinkle some nut on it if you like
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Make sure to keep an close eye after 5 -8 min .
- We need the cookies are a nice golden color.
- Take off the baking sheet with a spatula (they are soft) and allow to cool .They will harden as they cool off.