I have never liked the store bough black bean burger as I find it very chewy. So I have always wanted to make my own bean patty. The other day I decided to make a couple of patties for A with greens and proteins. Thus the Spinach & Beans patties. It is so much better than the store bought patties and much softer. Love the texture. Although we consumed the patties as it feel free to try them when you make burgers.
- 1 cup assorted kidney beans and chickpeas, boiled
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup potato boiled and grated / mashed
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp amchoor
- Thoroughly mash the kidney beans and chickpeas.
- In a wok, heat some oil. temper it with cumin, green chilies and cilantro
- Then add, spinach, potato and bean paste. Thoroughly mix it.
- Add turmeric, red chilly powder, coriander powder, ginger garlic paste and amchoor and cook for approx. 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Take equal portions and make even balls.
- Heat some oil in appe pan and drop the balls into each cavity and cook for approx. 5 to 7 minutes on medium heat. until they start turning golden brown. Make sure you evenly turn them on all sides.
- Once ready, they can be served with chutney or ketchup. These patties can be used in sandwiches or even burgers. Enjoy.