Our spicy boom boom sauce (copycat - Sheetz recipe) will tantalize your taste buds when you dip your French fries or favorite dippers into it. Our easy sauce recipe will quickly become one of your favorite dipping sauces that you will love serving with your favorite meals. And you’ll certainly want to make it whenever you have potato fries or other handheld treats.
Come JOIN US on our FACEBOOK group and be a part of our community and discuss various recipes, tips and tricks.
LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES
What is Boom Boom sauce made of
Boom boom sauce is a slightly spicer version of yum yum sauce. But it does have a slightly sweet flavor due to the sweet chili sauce.
The base of our boom boom sauce recipe is mayo. When we make it, we use full fat mayo to give it a nice and creamy flavor. We find that lower fat mayos tend to not be as rich.
For extra flavor, we use a combination of sriracha sauce and garlic powder to give it some extra heat for your taste buds to endure.
Ingredients to make the best boom boom sauce
Before you can begin making boom boom sauce, you’ll need to make sure you have the following items in your kitchen:
- Mayonnaise - We prefer to use regular mayo, but you could use your preferred type.
- Ketchup - You can use your preferred brand when making this recipe.
- Sweet chili sauce - You can find this in the International or Asian aisle of the grocery store.
- Seasonings - We use a combination of sriracha sauce, garlic powder, and freshly ground black pepper to give the boom boom sauce some heat.
How to make boom boom sauce
You’ll find that making this sauce is super easy and then you will make it every time you have French fries. When you are ready, here’s what you need to do:
- First, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and then stir to combine. If needed, you can add a small amount of water to give it a thinner consistency.
- Finally, serve the sauce in a small bowl with French fries, corn ribs, or your favorite dippers.
But, if you are not using right away, make sure to keep the sweet spicy sauce refrigerated until ready to use.
Pro tips and tricks
When you want to make the best sweet spicy boom boom sauce, follow these simple tips and tricks:
- Thickness – You can also add some water, lemon juice, or pickle juice to get the desired consistency.
- Sourness- If you prefer a sour flavor, you can add some lime or lemon juice.
- Hot / Spicy – You can add harissa or other chili flakes and even chopped jalapeno peppers.
- Sweet – For extra sweetness or to balance out the heat, add honey or brown sugar.
- Low Calorie - Instead of full fat mayo, substitute with low fat mayo or Greek yogurt.
You can serve this sauce immediately, but you can also wait to serve it by placing it in an airtight container in the fridge. If you do let it sit, the flavors will become more bold the longer the sauce rests.
You can serve this sauce with your favorite dippers, such as:
Yum yum sauce and boom boom sauce are very similar. However, boom boom sauce is spicer and hotter than yum yum sauce. However, you can adjust either’s heat or sweetness level with honey, chili flakes, chili sauce, and so on.
Red pepper flakes
When you make this sauce, it stores great in a small bowl with a lid or other sealable container. Once it is sealed, place the container in the fridge and store until needed. It can last about 5 to 7 days.
If you love this sauce, try these other sauces and dips
- Creamy Dill Pickle Dip
- Peanut Sauce
- Avocado Crema
- Cheese Sauce
- Copycat Chick Fil A Sauce
- Sriracha Aioli
- Pesto Sauce
- Creamy tahini sauce
Let us know what you think
If you make this delicious recipe, let us know how it went! When you make this, be sure to take a pic and tag us on Instagram @dbellyrulesdmind or Facebook @thebellyrulesthemind!
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir to
Serve it with French fries , corn ribs, Sandwiches , and more.
Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.