This sriracha aioli / spicy mayo recipe has a delicious sweet-heat and is perfect for dipping your favorite appetizers. Sriracha adds a flavorful heat, while honey gives the mayo dip a touch of sweetness. Once you make this less than 5 minute sauce once, you will always include it in your line up of dips.
LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
This Recipe's Index
What is Sriracha Aioli or Spicy Mayo?
Spicy mayo is a super easy to make condiment that tastes great as a dip or on a sandwich. You can easily spread this dip on a tasty sandwich or dip your favorite appetizer into it.
Spicy mayo uses the flavor and heat of sriracha sauce. Sriracha adds a delicious flavor you can’t match with other hot sauces.
We also use the sweetness of honey or maple syrup to balance out the heat. The combined sweet and heat make this one of our families’ favorites!
Ingredients to make Spicy Mayo
When you are ready to make sriracha aioli, you’ll need these ingredients:
- Mayo - We prefer using regular, full fat mayo instead of reduced fat or may dressing.
- Lemon juice - If you can, use freshly squeezed lemons for the best flavor.
- Sriracha - Sriracha adds a bit of heat and flavor.
- Maple syrup or honey - Both of these provide a little sweetness to balance out the heat.
- Garlic powder - This adds a bit of extra flavor.
Sriracha Aioli is easy to make and a very versatile condiment
Sriracha aioli is super easy to make and goes well with a variety of dippable foods.
This recipe comes together in less than 1 minute. It will take you longer to get all the ingredients out than it will to make this!
The smooth mayo dip doesn’t need any special equipment or prep time. It is as simple as adding the ingredients and mixing until they form a smooth sauce.
And best of all? There is no need to buy special mayo that costs more and contains added sugars and ingredients you don’t need. You can make this with only the ingredients you want to use.
Some of our favorite foods to eat with the mayo include:
Of course, you can use your favorite dippable items instead!
How to make the best 5 Ingredient Sriracha Aioli
First, gather all the ingredients together and place them in a small to medium sized bowl.
Once it’s all in the bowl, mix until it is well combined.
You can even spread the mayo on your favorite sandwiches or use it as a dip for tasty treats like these homemade onion rings.
Pro tips and tricks
This super simple dip and spread takes almost no time at all to come together, but some of these tips may help make the process even easier.
- Add the garlic powder last. If you put it in first, it can get stuck to the bottom.
- You can also alter the flavors easily by increasing or decreasing the amount of each ingredient you add.
How to store the tasty Sriracha Aioli
Once you mixed the aioli together, transfer the mix to a sealable container. We recommend adding the mayo to the storing bowl first and then spooning out what you want to serve. You should not store any mayo that food has come in direct contact with.
The mayo should then last about a week in the fridge.
What other variations can I have for this Mayo sauce
It is super easy to change the flavor some for some different twists. Two of our favorite changes include:
- Latin flavor - use Cholula instead of Sriracha
- Asian flavor - add a dash of sesame oil
You can also adjust the proportions a bit. If you want it a bit sweeter, you can add more honey. For added heat, you could add a bit more sriracha. Also, adding a squeeze of lime juice can freshen up the mayo too.
How can I reduce the heat in Sriracha Aioli?
Yes, you can easily reduce the heat in the sriracha mayo. Some ways to reduce heat include:
- Reduce the amount of the sriracha you use.
- Use an additional dash of lime to add zingy flavor and reduce the heat a bit.
- Add a dash more honey or maple syrup to balance out the heat.
Let us know what you think
- 1/3 cup mayo or vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
In a small bowl, add mayo, lemon juice, sriracha, maple syrup or honey, and garlic powder. Mix together until everything is combined into a smooth paste.