My two week appe series is coming to an end, of course don’t we all need to spend time making other dishes in our kitchen too. So before I go on a break, I wanted to spread some love and leave you all on a sweet note. So today I share with you a recipe of Aebleskiver Danish Pancake Balls. Besides the name initial that my 3R’s have in common, they have another thing in common their love for these Aebleskiver Danish Pancake Balls. My 8 year old enjoyed decorating it while my 3 year relished it to his hearts content. I literally had to make three batches to get these pictures.
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg room temperature / or apple sauce / oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract u can use any other extract of ur choice too
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 5 tsp milk
- strawberries or fruit of your choice cut into halves
- Mix all the ingredients together to make cake like batter.
- Heat the Aebleskiver / appe pan on low heat.
- Add a few drops of oil.
- Add the batter in each cavity then add the strawberries on top.
- Wait for few second then press the strawberries down lightly so they submerge into the batter. If u can see some strawberry add some batter on top.
- Cook on low heat to avoid them from getting dark.
- They will be cooked in no time, approx. 5 minutes. Enjoy these Aebleskiver Danish Pancake Balls
- Decorate them with some frosting like my kids did.Or serve it with ice-cream or warm custard or you could even just pop them as is :)