Snack better with this Instant Masala Peanuts recipe—free of preservatives but full of freshness! Unlike most items available in the market that are very tasty to eat and full of preservatives, you control and know what goes in to preparing this snack. You control the spice level, the spices and items you put in it. Easy to prepare, even easier to consume.
This Instant Masala Peanuts are simple and quick snack that can be served during tea time or as a tele snack. When you want a quick snack, these make a guilt free healthy snack and can even be consumed regularly. Snacking has been a common problem with most people and its the early evening hours where you feel the urge to munch something. People try to repeat the following line multiple times however give in to the demands of the stomach. The line goes like this "Dear Stomach you are not hungry but just bored so calm down"
These Instant No-Fry peanuts are a healthy alternative to the chips and candy that can be found in many households. This easy to make, few-ingredient recipe can be completed in less than half an hour providing a new snack for the family party!
Peanuts are high in protein and other nutrients and also helps to promote some good cholesterol in the body.
This recipe is not very different from the deep fried version, however this is a guilt-free healthy way to snack it up.Perfect for snacking on while watching a movie, or maybe even adding to a salad for an interesting texture component. Lots of options with these crunchy ,Crispy little nuggets.
These masala peanuts are made in microwave, they are coated with chickpea flour ,rice flour and spice mix. They are less fattening than the fried ones. They are Gluten Free, Vegan too.
For making them in the oven here is the procedure :>>>>Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. . Spread the peanuts on a cookie sheet and cook for five to ten minutes. After the first five minutes stir the mixture. Continue to cook until peanuts are golden brown. Remove from oven and stir until cool.
The result is a sweet and savory snack that would definitely be a hit when hosting friends for drinks or having a simple movie night in with your family. A must try.
Do checkout our healthier alternatives for DIWALI gifts ( instead of the usual sweets, candies or cookie boxes)
- 4 cups Peanuts/Raw
- 1 cup Gram Flour/Besan
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour
- 1 tablespoon Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tablespoon dry mango powder/Amuchur powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder/Haldi
- 1/2 teaspoon Asafetida / Hing
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Few curry leaves/kaddi pataa
- Soak the peanuts in the water for 5 minutes.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together .
- Drain the water completely and add the peanuts to the dry ingredients and toss it gently to coat evenly.
- Add in the chopped curry leaves…the curry leaves give a amazing flavor to the peanuts :)
- Grease the microwavable dish with 1tsp oil,spread the peanuts in the plate and drizzle the oil on the peanuts and cook it till it becomes crispy( it took 8 minutes ).
- mix it in between every 2-3minutes.
- Allow it to cool and store it in an air tight container.
- Cooking time differs from oven to oven.
- Adding curry leaves gives an extra flavor.You can add Mint or Cilantro too.
- When it is hot the peanuts may not be crisp but after cooling it will be crispy.
Cooking time differs from oven to oven.
Adding curry leaves gives an extra flavor.You can add Mint or Cilantro too.
When it is hot the peanuts may not be crisp but after cooling it will be crispy.