Looking for a savory waffle recipe? Skip the flour and make these savory Semolina waffles with veggies in your waffle maker! This is a fun and easy breakfast or brunch recipe packed with veggies!Serve it up with Sambhar & Chutney .
My family just loves this twist :D So if the kids are happy I am happy too!!
Different take on waffles that will make you wonder why you haven’t been eating them every morning ;) This recipe is also a part of our 1 Batter 7 dishes post.
- 1 cup semolina /rava
- 1/2 cup yogurt/dahi
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup green beans /chopped
- 1/4 cup purple cabbage / chopped
- 1/4 frozen organic corn kernels
- 1 green chili/chopped
- 1 organic carrot /grated
- salt to taste
- 1tsp cumin (optional)
- oil for cooking
- Combine the semolina ,veggies,salt, zeera & yogurt in a bowl and mix well,Cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Adding water after few mins and mix well.
- Heat the waffle machine, spray some oil.
- Pour a ladleful of batter and close the lid .
- When the lights turns yellow .. you waffles are ready .
- Transfer the savory semolina waffles in a plate and enjoy with sambar, chutney or ketchup like my kids do :). For more recipes using this batter click here.