This 3-Ingredient Vegan Mango Coconut Ice Cream is a cool decadent summer dessert that is so delicious and easy to make. A healthier treat to satisfy your sweet cravings. No-Churn.Dairy-Free.
It’s Ice Cream Day today!!! So how could we not share an Ice Cream recipe with you today? Especially when the sun is shining hard on us and we could all use a cool treat to cool off. So get ready as we are going to take you to the tropical islands to cool down. Nothing beats this tropical Mango Coconut Ice Cream, especially when it’s made Vegan. Yup, there is no dairy involved in this recipe, it’s dairy-free. Most store-bought ice creams are full of emulsifiers, this Vegan Mango Coconut Ice Cream is made with just 3 simple ingredients, fresh mangoes, coconut milk and maple syrup. Yup that’s it!!!
Confession time – I love Mangoes. I just absolutely love love love Mangoes. The fact that mangoes are in season right now I can stop using them in my recipes. They are my favorite fruit and I wait all year long to enjoy these sweet juicy fruits. So much so that we even have a blog post ‘Must-Try Mango Recipes‘ sharing some of our favorite recipes featuring Mangoes. You can check it out here. If just I could consume Mangoes all the day, I could survive on that too. I use them in my breakfast oats, I use them in my salads, I have been wanting to make a Mango Curry, I could make a loaf cake or muffins and ofcourse the endless dessert lists. I could never get bored of Mangoes.
If you enjoy Mangoes as much as I do, this Vegan Mango Coconut Ice Cream is a must try. It’s full of tropical flavors, super easy to make, no churning required and just 3 ingredients. An Ice cream can’t get easier than this. Mango and Coconut go very well together. If you are not fond of Mangoes then you can substitute your favorite fruit with Mango. This ice cream is thick and creamy without the laundry list of the store-bought ice creams. This is so much cleaner than any store-bought ice cream. If you are worried about the fats from the coconut milk, well I’d recommend going for low-fat coconut milks. Mangoes are a great addition to this ice cream as it’s loaded with nutrients, fiber, vitamins, and minerals – the good stuff not found in traditionally made frozen ice creams. We like to avoid artificial sweeteners to the extent we can, so Maple syrup turns out to be a great sweetener. It also helps prevent crystallization. Please do not add powdered sugar while making this ice cream. If you want a good runway to scoop out that perfect ball of ice cream, use a liquid sweetener.
So make sure you to try these tropical flavors while the fruits are in season. Just incase you are me and looking for more recipes to use Mangoes then don;t forget to check out the post ‘Must-Try Mango Recipes‘. So lets get started with our Vegan Mango Coconut Ice Cream.
- 1 cup canned Coconut Milk, low fat
- 3 cups organic mango, diced and frozen
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Before you start making the ice cream, freeze the freshly cut mango chunks for 4-5 hours. I typically cut them and pack them in a ziplock to freeze the chunks. %https://thebellyrulesthemind.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Vegan-Mango-Coconut-Ice-Cream-1.png
- Then in a high speed blender, blend the mango chunks, coconut milk and maple syrup, until you get a soft ice cream texture.
- Pour this texture into an aluminum tin and cover it with a cling wrap to make sure there is no room for crystallization.
- When ready to serve, scoop the ice cream into serving dishes and add you favorite toppings like fresh mangoes, mint, berries, jams.