These Itsy bitsy teeny weeny homemade churros bites – churros muffins are coated in cinnamon sugar and are kind of like a cross between a muffin and a donut hole. One huge difference is these are baked in Instant- pot and not fried. It’s a perfect way to use the egg bite molds addon for Instant Pot. Do you love store-bought churros, but are afraid of it being deep fried, the quantity of sugar and the added preservatives? Fear not as these bites will give you the same test minus the frying and controlling the sugar and ingredients going into it. A win-win in all combinations.
Check out the homemade churros bites – churros muffins video recipe
Churros bites – Churros muffins to the rescue
Churros are usually quite a handful and a lot of times, you end up eating the whole churros. Wouldnt it be nice if we had an option of eating just a part of it or a full muffin and not feel completely guilty about it. These easy homemade churros bites make it easy to just pick up one bite size muffin and eat it guilt-free. Small enough to fit in a bite-size muffin and big enough to satisfy your cravings for churros.
Churros in instant pot? Are you serious?
Don’t you love short-cuts? I sure do! These churros bites can be easily made in a few minutes and made in small quantities so that you can control your urge to feast on them. No more heating the oil and frying the churros etc. Again our favorite Instant pot to the rescue. Again short-cuts are a tremendous help at times and especially when it comes to making these Churros bites. They are so yummy that they won’t last long at your house!
Who does not like Churros and cinnamon?
I’ve always been a sucker for Cinnamon, especially in sweets or bread! These homemade churro bites are rolled in butter and cinnamon sugar. Enough said, right? They are like eating a Churros. (However, they are much healthier & easier to make!) These Muffins Are Easy To Make, Using Things You Already Have In Your Pantry!!
I and my family love Churros! What I don’t love is that they are deep fried. It is messy, time-consuming and certainly more fattening. These instant pot churro Bites mimic what I love about them but without all the added stress and calories. They are super scrumptious and I encourage you to try them out yourself and see how long they last in your house!
Can you make these churros muffins with less sugar?
The muffins aren’t TOO sweet, which is why I dunked them in cinnamon sugar. You control the sugar quantity and are in complete control of the ingredients that go in as well. It doesn’t get much better than these One Bowl Churro Muffins bites.
Can you freeze these churros bites?
These are great for snack time too. They freeze well and muffins are easily transported. Perfect grab and go type of thing.
I made these mini bites size for my little man R3 class when it was his turn for snack time in school. It was a country theme(Mexico) that month so these churros bites came to mind. These Churro bites are very moist and did I say it enough times that don’t have a ton of sugar and are not fried. Yay! I love it when a recipe is healthier but still totally delicious.
The Belly Rules The Mind creates and tries recipes with multiple options and multiple times to ensure your success at the first go. We also give you common mistakes and things to look out for while making the recipes. It cannot get simpler than following the steps as outlined in the recipe card. No more guesswork.
Can you make these homemade churros bites Vegan?
Yes, these yummy churros bites can be made vegan with simple substitutions of butter to vegan butter and milk to vegan milk. They’re gluten-free, but you can use any flour of your choice Whole wheat/ APF and they take just minutes to make! I’ve made these with dairy-free milk as well and all worked great. I’ve also tried them with the vegan butter. So if you wanted to make this dairy-free you totally could. Try these muffins out, they are so great!
Made in 10 Minute these Instant pot churro bites are ready in under 20 minutes (prepping + quick release + cooldown). Sweet and poppable, they disappear in minutes! They are a delicious, little treat if you want something sweet for breakfast or even dessert.
This Recipe is adapted from one of our hit recipe from our blog Mini churros donuts! Well, this year I thought I’d try baking these in instant pot as it is the new gadget in everyone’s household. These cuties are totally awesome because you only need to pop one or two (ok probably 3!) to get the comforting taste of an indulgent churro, and YOU control the sugar and butter content in them. Plus they’re really easy!
Here is a quick breakdown of how easy it is to make these churros bites in an instant pot:
I love one bowl baking recipes! They’re faster to prep, and there are fewer dishes to wash.
For this recipe, you’ll whisk together the wet ingredients
sprinkle on some cinnamon, baking powder and then whisk again.
Finally, you gently stir in the flour and then you’re ready to spoon the batter into your instant pot egg bite molds.
I like to use a spoon to make the job quick and easy.
After baking, do a quick release wait for about 3-5 minutes before you pop them out and coat them with the butter and cinnamon sugar
Be prepared to eat several of these. Of course, be careful..they are hot!
Why do we love these churros bites? You had to ask right?
- They’re Gluten- free, yet still light
- They are not fried
- They freeze really well. So well that I’ll often make a double batch to stock my freezer!
- You can’t beat an easy one bowl recipe!
Now go grab a cup of tea or a big glass of milk, and enjoy this quick and easy Homemade Churro bites- Churro muffins fresh out of the Instant- Pot!
- 1/3 cup organic Coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup Unsalted Butter/Vegan butter/melted
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup Milk/Dairy free milk for Vegan/ add more as need few tbsp at a time
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1 cup Gluten-free baking flour / whole wheat
- For coating
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 1 /2 cup white Sugar Pure Cane
- 1-2 Tsp ground cinnamon
- Add your choice of unsalted melted butter in a mixing bowl , add in the sugar , milk and cinnamon powder and give it a stir.
- Add in the flour and the baking powder and stir it well.
- Grease the egg bite molds .
- Fill the prepared tray about half full.
- Cover the egg bite mold with aluminum foil and place it on the trivet with 1 cup of water in the Instant Pot. Then it’s 10 minutes on the “cake ” setting, and 5 minutes natural release. After 5 minutes QR you can release the rest of the pressure and carefully remove from pot. Remove the foil .Put a plate on the tray and flip it they will slide right out.
- For Coating the Churros
- Melt some butter in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together sugar with the cinnamon. Remove the churro bites from the tray, dip each bites in the melted butter, and roll in the sugar-cinnamon mixture. Let cool and serve.
If you are using whole wheat flour you might need to add more milk.. but the cook time remains the same.
You can use your choice of unsalted butter
You can even use oil instead of butter BUT ONLY IN THE BATTER.
This is made in instant pot Ultra (cake mode). If you are going to make this in your IP duo the cook time might increase
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
- Simply Organic, Cinnamon, 2.45 oz
- Namaste Foods Organic Perfect Flour Blend, 5 Pound
- [2 Pack] Silicone Egg Bites Molds Pressure Cooker Accessories Inserts by Sensible Needs - Fits 5, 6, 8 qt Electric Pressure Cooker, Freezer Accessory, Instant Sous Vide Egg Poacher Ring
- Wholesome Organic Coconut Palm Sugar, Non GMO, Gluten Free, 1 LB bag (single pouch)