Air fryer roasted fingerling potatoes offer a delicious way to enjoy potatoes with a crispy, lemony garlicky exterior and pillowy soft interior. They make a great side, base, or snack for any occasion. And since you skip the oven, you can make these any time in a snap! Your friends and family are sure to love these perfectly seasoned potatoes.
Come JOIN US on our FACEBOOK group and be a part of our community and discuss various recipes, tips and tricks.
LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
Roasted fingerling potatoes have a crispy outside and soft center. They are perfect to serve on the side of your favorite sandwiches or main dishes. They also make a great base for your favorite sauces and gravies.
You can roast fingerling potatoes in the air fryer or in the oven. Though they both can make great tasting fingerling potatoes, you’ll find that using the air fryer to make this fingerling potato recipe makes for the best crispy outside.
What are fingerling potatoes
Fingerling potatoes are naturally smaller, slender, and sort of stubby potatoes that resemble fingers. That’s where the name comes from, because they look like little fingers.
Fingerling potatoes are great for roasting, frying, or making smashed potatoes. They go great with various sauces, gravies, and main dishes.
Ingredients to make Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
To make fingerling potatoes, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Fingerling potatoes - You will need to cut them in half.
- Olive oil - You could use a different oil if you prefer.
- Salt and black pepper
- Lemon juice - We prefer freshly squeezed but you can use bottled juice too.
- Garlic cloves - Adds a nice flavor and can be either crushed or minced.
- Parsley - This adds a bit of freshness.
When we make these potatoes, we also make a garlic aioli to go with them. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Mayonnaise - We like using regular, but you could use light mayo or other versions.
- Garlic cloves - You can mince them or crush them.
- Lemon juice - You can use freshly squeezed or bottled.
- Salt and ground black pepper
How to cook Air Fryer Fingerling Potatoes
To make this fingerling potato recipe, follow these easy instructions:
- For the garlic aioli, place all the ingredients for dip in a bowl and thoroughly mix it together. We like to make it first so that it has time to marinade.
- Then, wash and pat the potatoes dry.
- Next, cut the fingerling potatoes into halves.
- Once halved, place them along with oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, minced garlic, and parsley in a bowl and then toss to coat.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 F for 2 minutes and then place a piece of parchment paper into the air fryer basket.
- Next, arrange the fingerlings in the basket so that they don’t overlap.
- Cook for 14 minutes, flipping them half way through to ensure even cooking.
- Finally, serve with garlic aioli.
Pro Tips to make the best Fingerling Potatoes
When you want to make the best fingerling potato recipe, follow these simple tips and tricks.
- Use parchment paper to help keep the potatoes from sticking to the air fryer
- Make sure to flip the potatoes halfway through cooking to ensure even cooking and crispy outsides all the way around
- When you make these air fryer fingerling potatoes, make sure to pick potatoes without bruises or black spots.
When you serve fingerling potatoes, you can top them cheese, sauces, gravies, veggies, cheese sauce, or spicy chickpea burgers.
Once the roasted fingerling potatoes have cooled, place them in an airtight container. They will stay fresh for about 3 to 5 days in the fridge. You could also freeze them in an airtight container for about 6 months.
When you make roasted fingerling potatoes in the oven, you want to roast them at 400 F for 30 to 40 minutes. When using the air fryer, they cook for 14 minutes at 400 F.
Air fryer fingerling potatoes go great with a variety of different recipes. You can serve them with roasted veggies, serve them with a cheese sauce on top, or your favorite dipping sauces. When we make fingerling potatoes, we serve them with our copy cat Chic Fil A Sauce.
Other great potato recipes to try
Once you’ve tried one fingerling potato, you’ll want to check some other great potato recipes. Here are some of our favorites:
Let us know what you think
- • 14 fingerling potatoes
- • Olive oil 1 tbsp
- • Salt ¼ tsp
- • Black pepper 1/8 teaspoon
- • Lemon juice 1 tsp
- • Garlic cloves 2 minced
- • Parsley 1 tablespoon chopped
For Garlic Aioli
- • mayonnaise or vegan mayo – ¾ cup
- • garlic cloves minced, 3
- • lemon juice 2 tbsp
- • salt ¾ teaspoon
- • ground black pepper ½ tsp
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bertolli 100% Pure Olive Oil Mild Taste
McCormick Black Peppercorn Grinder, 2.5 oz
Gourmia GAF400 Electric Multipurpose Classic Rapid Air Fryer with Dual Dial Timer & Temperature Controls, 10 Cup/4.5 Qt. Capacity, 1230W, Black
GoWISE USA 1700-Watt 5.8-QT 8-in-1 Digital Air Fryer and 50 Recipes for your Air Fryer Book (Black)
Instant Pot Vortex 6-Quart 4-in-1 Air Fryer
Instant Vortex Plus 10 Quart Air Fryer, Rotisserie and Convection Oven, Air Fry, Roast, Bake, Dehydrate and Warm, 1500W, Stainless Steel and Black