Teriyaki noodles are a simple but delicious Asian-inspired dish perfect for any weeknight. Thanks to the Instant Pot, you can have this dinner ready in less than 20 minutes with almost no prep work needed. Perfect for feeding your hungry family on busy nights!
LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES
Teriyaki and Noodles Recipe
Our teriyaki and noodles recipe is about as simple as it comes. It is a one pot meal that truly is one pot.
Another bonus of our recipe is there is virtually no prep work involved. At most, you have to slice a few mushrooms, or you might be able to find some pre-sliced ones at your local store.
The Instant Pot also cooks the noodles up very fast. You can have noodles on the table in less than 20 minutes.
Teriyaki Noodles Video Recipe
What are teriyaki noodles made from?
There is no set type of noodle to use when making teriyaki noodles. You can use rice or wheat based noodles in whatever shape you prefer.
For our recipe, we use spaghetti noodles. In part, this is because we almost always have them on hand. And also, we like the texture and the overall size of the noodles.
Teriyaki Sauce Noodles Ingredients
For the best tasting teriyaki, you’ll need to get the following ingredients ready to go:
- Spaghetti - We use regular, white noodles, but you could try this with whole wheat if you want to add some fiber to the noodles.
- Sliced mushrooms - We use shiitake, but you can use whatever kind you prefer.
- Water - This is to cook the noodles in the Instant Pot.
- Teriyaki Sauce - You can make your own using our Teriyaki sauce recipe or use your favorite bottle of sauce or make your own following our recipe.
- Green Onions - The green onions create a nice, flavorful garnish.
- Sesame Seeds - Adding seeds gives the slightest crunch, added flavor, and style to the noodles.
How to make Teriyaki Noodles
- Start by breaking the spaghetti strands in half and spreading them in one or two layers in the inner pot of your pressure cooker.
- Next, pour the water over the pasta and evenly spread the sliced mushrooms. At this point, do not stir the pot!
- Once the mushrooms are added, seal the pressure cooker and set it to cook on HIGH pressure for 5 minutes.
- When it is done, allow a 2-minute natural pressure release and then manually release the rest of the pressure.
- Carefully open the pot and then gently stir the noodles, allowing them to separate.
- Next, pour the teriyaki sauce over the noodles and give it a good stir. Finally, sprinkle the green onions and sesame seeds over top and serve it hot!
Pro tips and tricks
Making noodles in the Instant Pot is super easy, but when you follow these tips, it is even easier:
- Never stir noodles once you add them into the pot.
- If you prefer a thicker teriyaki sauce, drain any excess water before pouring in the sauce.
- For added nutrients, you can add your favorite veggies such as carrots, snap peas, baby corn, peas, or any of your favorites. Before adding them, just make sure to cut them into smaller pieces.
Is this teriyaki noodles recipe easy?
We couldn’t make this one pot, Instant Pot meal any easier. There is virtually no prep work. You will only use one pot. And because you use everyone’s favorite pressure cooker, it is ready in less than 15 minutes.
So yes, this recipe is super easy, super fast, and a great addition to nearly any Asian-inspired meal.
Should the sauce in the teriyaki sauce noodles recipe be thick?
Teriyaki sauce is often thicker than soy sauce, but its consistency can vary a bit.
You might find that you have a lot of extra liquid in the pot when the noodles are done cooking. If you want, you can drain some or all of the liquid before adding the teriyaki sauce to help thicken it a bit.
Just keep in mind, the sauce will thicken some on its own as you mix it in with the noodles.
Can you microwave teriyaki noodles?
To initially cook the noodles, no, we would not recommend using the microwave, but you can definitely use the microwave to heat up leftovers for lunch or dinner.
The key is to make sure you cover the noodles before heating them up. This will help keep the noodles from drying up or becoming too rubbery.
Can this recipe be made into spicy teriyaki noodles?
Yes, you can easily make the noodles spicier. For a bolder flavor, we recommend adding one or more of the following:
- A squirt or two of sriracha sauce
- Dried Thai chili peppers
- Red pepper flakes
Unless you like it really hot, we recommend taking it easy when adding heat the noodles to avoid making them too hot.
What is a good side dish for easy teriyaki noodles?
Teriyaki noodles pair well with many other Asian-inspired dishes. Some of our favorite pairings included:
- Vietnamese Summer Rolls
- Crispy Gobi Manchurian
- Easy Vegan Sushi Recipe
- Fried Rice Instant Pot Recipe
How do you store teriyaki noodles?
You can easily store teriyaki noodles in an airtight container in the fridge. When you store them, they should stay fresh for about 3 to 5 days.
Once you are ready to eat them, you can microwave them for about a minute or until warmed through. You could also heat them over low heat on the stove top, stirring occasionally.
Let us know what you think
- 8oz spaghetti
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 Cup Teriyaki Sauce (add more to your liking)
- 1 /2 cup chopped Green Onions *Optional
- 1/2 teaspoon Sesame Seeds *Optional
- Break the spaghetti strands in half and spread them in one or two layers in the inner pot of the pressure cooker.
- Pour the water over the pasta and evenly spread the sliced mushrooms. Remember — no stirring here!
- Seal the pressure cooker. Set to cook on HIGH pressure for 5 minutes.
- Allow a 2-minute Natural Pressure Release and then manually release the rest of the pressure.
- Open the pot and stir the pasta noodles, allowing the noodles to
- Pour the teriyaki sauce and give it a nice stir.
- Sprinkle the green onions and sesame seeds and serve