If you're looking for a healthy snack to satisfy that mid-day, salty, crunchy craving, then these Minty & Garlicky Roasted Chickpeas are the go-to recipe! Learn how to roast chickpeas in the oven turning them into a nutritious high protein snack recipe. It's vegan, and gluten-free too!
[avatar user="soniyasaluja" size="thumbnail" align="right" link="https://thebellyrulesthemind.netabout-us/" target="_blank" /]
These Minty & Garlicky Roasted Chickpeas are loaded with protein. These legumes should be considered if you're eating healthy. They are wonderful to grab by the handfuls or to sprinkle on top of salads or soups for a nutritious crunch. Its high in protein and fiber, and healthy too
Irresistible is what this snack is for me. I cannot express how much I love these little guys :D...The perfect, high protein, crunchy snack! These Minty and Garlicky Roasted Chickpeas are so filling. Last week we went for a long drive for my son's swim meet and wanted to make something healthy to munch on in the car and for my son to snack between events, so made these Minty and Garlicky Roasted Chickpeas & I wanted to share with you how easy they are to make.
I love to call them Chickpeas because I think it sounds cuter… but it does not matter what you call it Chickpeas or Garbanzo Beans, they are nutrient rich & have a wide range of health benefits. In addition to being high in Fiber & a great source of vegetarian protein, they are also a low glycemic food which helps promote weight loss by controlling your appetite.
Check out our 20 healthy road trips snacks. What I love about chickpeas is that they have a relatively neutral, nutty, flavor that goes well with all kinds of ingredients. Its so simple, coat chickpeas with olive oil & choice of herbs and spices ( If you have Dried Mint leaves). Toss them in the oven. If you are looking at healthy ways of changing your lifestyle, do look at our 45 healthy recipes
These are light crisp on the outside and soft inside.. If you like more of a BITE or crunch, leave pan in the oven for 30 minutes after you turn the oven OFF. Let these Yummy Minty & Garlicky Roasted Chickpeas cool completely before transferring to a storage container.
Benefits of Mint leaves/dried mint leaves:
Nausea & Headache
Respiratory Disorders and Coughs
Depression and Fatigue
- 3 cups chickpeas/ boiled or canned
- olive oil spray/ 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint leaves
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2teaspoon chat masala
- 1/2teaspoon red chill powder
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas if using canned . If making at home soak the chickpeas overnight. Add sufficient water in a pressure cooker with the soaked chickpeas and cook it for 20 mins.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Pour the chickpeas on top and use more paper towels to dry them off as well as possible.
- Remove the paper towels.
- Sprinkle the chickpeas with the spices gently, Spread them on a baking sheet,Spray the chickpeas with olive oil.
- Place pan in a oven
- Set oven to 410* F and let roast for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 8-10 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and leave pan in the oven for at least some time.
- Remove and let cool completely before transferring to a storage container.
You can make them in airfryair too.
Preheat Airfryer to 200C.
Arrange the chickpeas in a single layer in the fry basket and insert into the Airfryer. Cook for 8-10 minutes, shaking the chickpeas halfway through the cooking process. Remove and allow to cool on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chickpeas (one can of chickpeas takes two batches).