These easy, healthy Quinoa & Lentil Vada / fritters made in Appe Pan are Protein packed, gluten free and Vegan!! This is a healthy no fry version for preparing the fritters. Guilt free eating using the no fry Appe Pan. An easy, high protein, meatless meal that will delight your senses.
[avatar user="soniyasaluja" size="thumbnail" align="right" link="https://thebellyrulesthemind.net/about-us/" target="_blank" /]
I’ve made these Quinoa & lentil Vada/ fritters no less than 2 times this past month. I can’t get enough of them. They’re super healthy , No fry and my kids R2 & R3 love them too, which is a huge thing!!
Do checkout our Appe Pan roundup where we showcase 30 Appe Pan Recipes that are unique and exotic and are made healthy. Now for those of you who don't know what an Appe pan is, don't you worry we have got you covered. In that post we have shared everything about the Appe Pan and some tricks that will help you get the most out of your Appe Pan.
WHAT IS QUINOA?
Quinoa is a 7000-year-old ancient seed (yes, it’s not a grain but a seed) that originated in the mountains of South America. It’s best known for its nutrition. Quinoa (pronounced keen-wa) has become quite the trendy grain over the past few years. It is also a gluten-free carb and is a must-have for energy. It’s a great source of vegetarian protein (over 5 grams per serving) and also contains all nine essential amino acids, making it a complete protein.
These Quinoa & lentil Vada/ fritters will definitely become your family favorite recipe. The dish is usually complimented with chutney and/ or with Instant pot idli sambhar. Try this recipe for your breakfast, a quick snack or even your dinner menu.
WHAT’S THE BEST WAY TO COOK QUINOA?
You can cook quinoa in water, but for more flavor, you can cook it in vegetable broth. While quinoa is perfectly fine on its own, it also pairs quite well with the addition of other ingredients, such as beans, roasted or sauteed vegetables, or your favorite fresh herbs. It cooks quickly and even quicker in a Pressure cooker – 1 minute + Natural release and the end result is a bowl full of fluffy perfectly bloomed Quinoa.here is the link to cook perfect quinoa
Crispy on the outside and perfectly soft and pillowy (yes i know this is not a word.. however i did not find a suitable word that could compare the softness) in the inside.
Though it appears like a snack or appetizer, it would be perfect to devour it for breakfast or dinner. You can always make them ahead of time if you have guest coming over :D
For more healthy ideas and recipes subscribe to our email or follow us on Facebook to stay updated with all the healthy information we share. Check out our Pinterest boards for all the healthy eating inspiration you’ll ever need. For an unending buffet of healthy photographed food, follow us on Instagram
- ½ cup Chana dal (Bengal Gram Dal)
- ½ cup Yellow Moong Dal (Split)
- ½ cup White Urad Dal (Split)
- 1 /2 cup uncooked Quinoa
- 2 to 3 Green Chillies
- 5 to 6 sprig Cilantro leaves/Dhaniya
- 2 inch Ginger
- Water , as required
- Salt , to taste
- 2 to 4 Tbsp Cooking oil
- Soak the Dal for 2- 4 hours.
- cook the quinoa as mentioned on the pack
- grind the Quinoa & lentils together .
- Add enough water and make a thick vada batter along with ginger and green chillies in a grinder.
- Add salt . Adjust water only if required. The batter needs to be thick like cake batter .
- Heat a Paniyaram pan / Appe pan /Aeblesikver pan and add few drops of oil in each cavity of the pan. The pan should be hot.
- Lower the flame on low to med .Take a spoon & pour the batter in each cavities or you can pour all the batter in a ziplock bag ,seal it and snip from one corner & pour the batter into each section of the pan.( Now get the heat to med to high).
- Flip them after few mins and cook it for 5 -6 mints till done.
- Serve it with chutney and sambhar!