An easy recipe to make home-made delicious irresistible Whole Wheat Tutti Frutti Cookies with ingredients you can trust and control. You need Only 6 things to make the delicious Whole wheat Tutti Frutti cookie.. YES you read it correctly ONLY 6!!
[avatar user="soniyasaluja" size="thumbnail" align="right" link="https://thebellyrulesthemind.net/about-us/" target="_blank"]soniya[/avatar]
We do miss a few things from India and this is one of them.I tell you these Whole Wheat Tutti Frutti cookies are one of them :) The are very addictive. Me and the boys kept munching on it whenever we saw the cookie container and the cookies did not last too long, they were over the next day itself. All the R's loved it and asked me to bake these cookies again. The buttery flavor with the crunch in the tutti frutti tasted yummyyyy.
So we miss a few things from India and one of the things we miss a lot are these cookies. Whenever we get a craving for these cookies or see someone eating them while we are doing a video chat with folks back in India, we have to go to the groceries.. ideally on the same day. So when we go to buy groceries, throwing in a bag of the famous tutti frutti cookies into your shopping cart is a no-brainer. But why should we limit ourself to just a few cookies that have been sitting on a store shelf for god knows how long ....when you could have an entire freshly baked batch at your disposal? Like any baked good, these delicious , crispy cookies melt in your mouth. Whole wheat Tutti frutti cookies are better when made from scratch, and this recipe is just the place to get started.
If you are a regular reader of our blog, you know that I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE baking these homemade whole wheat Tutti Frutti cookies because they are super easy to make. Enjoy them whenever you want.
Here are few of our favorite cookies / biscuit recipes, check them out.
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Semolina/ sooji / fine
- 4 tablespoon Unsalted Butter/room temperature/coconut oil for vegan version
- 1/2 cup Powdered raw coconut sugar/ you can use normal white sugar
- 1/3 cup Tutti Frutti/cashews/optional
- 1-2 tablespoon Milk/non dairy milk for vegan version
- In a mixing bowl add powdered raw coconut sugar ,butter. and vanilla extract.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add whole wheat flour,Semolina, tutti frutti , chopped cashews and mix well.
- Add milk to form a soft dough.
- Lay a butter paper and roll the dough and form a log then shape it in a square .
- Wrap it with butter paper and keep it in the fridge for 20 mins
- Take the log out, and slice the dough with a sharp knife.
- Place them on a baking tray.Preheat the oven at 350*degF .
- Bake it for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown.Transfer carefully in a rack and cool it.Store in airtight container.
For more healthy ideas and recipes subscribe to our email or follow us on Facebook to stay updated with all the healthy information we share. Check out our Pinterest boards for all the healthy eating inspiration you’ll ever need. For an unending buffet of healthy photographed food, follow us on Instagram