These Korean Air Fryer Cauliflower Wings are the most delicious cauliflower wings ever. Inspired by Cheesecake Factory's Korean Fried Cauliflower we gave these a healthier twist so we can enjoy them more often at the comfort of our home. 8 ingredients and 8 minutes is all you need for this vegan, low-carb side, snack or appetizer that is just so yum!!! You are going to love these. I promise!!! Air Fryer Video plus Stove Top Recipe. Oil Free & Gluten Free option given too.
[avatar user="Anvita" size="thumbnail" align="right" link="https://thebellyrulesthemind.net/about-us/" target="_blank"]Anvita[/avatar]
LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
It's been exactly two weeks that we moved to Germany and we are already missing some of our American restaurant favorites. Like Cheesecake Factory's Korean Fried Cauliflower. Drop me a comment below if you are a big fan of these too, like me??? If you haven't tried them yet, I have to admit that it's my favorite dish at Cheesecake Factory and I highly recommend it.
It's the perfect appetizer to kickstart your meal. It's packed with all of these yummy flavors and our perfectly crispy on the outside while tender on the inside. If you haven't tried them yet? Guess what, you can now enjoy the goodness of these Korean Fried Cauliflower in the comfort of your home. Yay!!! Yes, that's exactly what we did. Ofcourse there is no Cheesecake Factory here in Germany, so we made our own.
Korean Air Fried Cauliflower Wings
We've taken Cheesecake Factory's popular Korean Fried Cauliflower and gave it our healthy twist. Same flavors, same texture minus all the frying calories. Cos we air fried these delicious tasty bites. Korean cauliflower wings are also referred to as Gochujang Cauliflower wings.
It's a super easy recipe and requires just 8 ingredients, 8 minutes and an air fryer. If you don't have an air fryer no sweat, I have shared the traditional frying recipe in the recipe card below. Mind you, frying comes with calories too thus air frying is an healthier alternative. This is a vegan & nut-free recipe.
Korean Cauliflower Ingredients
Honestly you don't need any fancy ingredients. Almost all the ingredients are easily available in most stores.
- Cauliflower florets
- Korean Gochujang Sauce - This is the main ingredient for the batter. This is easily available at your local Target, Harris Teeter, Walmart or even Amazon. I was lucky enough to find it
- Rice flour
- Black Pepper
- Sesame seeds
- Maple syrup
- Baking powder
- Green onions or cilantro
- lime wedge
How to Make Cheesecake Factory Korean Cauliflower
Step 1 : Prepare ingredients. Start with a cauliflower head. Here is Germany I am yet to come across cut cauliflower florets so I got the whole cauliflower and cut it into florets, after giving it a thorough rinse. Gather the remaining ingredients.
Step 2: Make the batter to dip the cauliflower wings. The main ingredient for the batter is the Korean Gochujang Sauce. Add rice flour to it. If you read the blog regularly you will know we mill our own grains (here) and I always have a bat h of rice flour ready at home. Add to it some black pepper, salt and a couple tablespoon of water to whip up a nice thick batter to coat the cauliflower florets.
Step 3: Coat the florets evenly on all sides and then spray or brush some oil on the florets before you arrange in them in the air fryer.
Step 4: Air Fry the florets at 350 degrees F for approximately 8 minutes and these crispy delicious cauliflower bites are ready. You can garnish them with sesame seeds, lots of cilantro or green onions, a slice of lime wedge and serve it with some Gochujang Korean Sauce. Trust me these are so so so yum!!! You will instantly fall in love with these cauliflower wings.
Fried Korean Cauliflower Wings Recipe
If you don't have an air fryer, you can always fry the wings like they are traditionally done. Mind you you will be adding more calories to the recipe if you are frying. Follow the above steps until coating the cauliflower into batter. Once the cauliflower is properly coated with batter, fry the cauliflower pieces at 350 degrees for approx 4 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
Hope you consider trying these Korean Air Fried Cauliflower Wings and love them as much as I do.
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, cut into 3/4” to 1” pieces
- 4 tsps. Rice flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup Korean Gochujang Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. cilantro or green onions
- 1 lime wedge
- 1/8 tsp. black or white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat the Air Fryer at 350 degrees F.
- Thoroughly wash the cauliflower and cut it into 3/4” to 1” florets.
- In a mixing bowl, add the rice flour, salt, black pepper, baking powder,and mix well.
- Add the Korean Gochujang Sauce, maple syrup water and oil and mix well again.
- Coat the cauliflower with the batter.
- Spray or brush the cauliflower with oil once again.
- Arrange the cauliflower florets in a single layer in the fryer.
- Air fry for 8 minutes at 350degrees F.
- Once crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, remove the florets and garnish with sesame seeds, cilantro or green onions and a slice of lime wedge. Serve with Gochujang Sauce.
Oil Free Option
If you want to make these cauliflower wings oil free, half cook the cauliflower florets either in the IP at 0 minutes and then coat them with batter and Air Fry them.
Gluten Free Korean Gochujang Sauce
- 1 cup water.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar substitute honey if you'd like.
- 1/2 cup Korean chili flakes find at online grocery stores.
- 1 cup white miso paste.
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste.
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or to taste.
Add all the ingredients to a sauce pan and bring them to boil. allow to cool and store in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 2
Amount Per Serving Calories 393Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 1mgSodium 4027mgCarbohydrates 74gFiber 6gSugar 45gProtein 7g