These dip-worthy bites are pan-fried instead of deep-fried, hand rolled and cooked in Aebleskiver pan aka Appe pan . These No-Fry Crispy Quinoa bites are delicious on top of a salad, or just as finger food for your next get together. The quinoa is blended perfectly with a white bean (in this case, cannellini beans) to make these bites a perfectly filling and feel good finger food!
[avatar user="soniyasaluja" size="thumbnail" align="right" link="https://thebellyrulesthemind.net/about-us/" target="_blank"]Soniya Saluja[/avatar]
Aebleskiver pan provides an excellent way to cut down the calories by pan-frying the contents instead of deep frying thus reducing the guilt of having deep fried food. It tastes as good as the deep fried stuff without the oil. If you are new to the Aebleskiver pan and want to know more, read up our post on 30 Aebleskiver pan recipes, tricks and video giving you an overview of how to use the pan along with 30 recipes that you should try at home. You can purchase the Aebleskiver pan here from Amazon (affiliate link).
No-Fry Crispy Quinoa Bites are kid-friendly
These Crispy Quinoa bites are a perfect tea time snack or starter recipe for the party. An easy, quick and tasty appetizer recipe made with veggies. This is the best way to turn vegetables into tiny kid-friendly bites. Making it at home isn’t hard and beats the store-bought versions!
Get your kids to eat Quinoa with these Crispy Quinoa Bites
Have you ever seen kids getting excited about veggies and quinoa? I have to say that this was definitely a new experience for me. Don’t get me wrong.. but there is something about these Crispy Quinoa Bites. They’re tender inside and crispy outside! You gotta try them :D. They’ve got a ton of flavor mixed in for that ooey-gooey factor with all of those veggies, beans, and quinoa? It’s mild in flavor so it doesn’t overpower any of the other ingredients, but makes the bites tender and, of course, loaded with vegetables.
Learn how to cook quinoa so that it’s fluffy, mild, and delicious — even kid friendly! Check out our Instant pot Perfectly bloomed quinoa recipe
Can I use any other beans other than Cannellini Beans to make these No-Fry Quinoa bites?
For making these Crispy quinoa bites I used cannellini beans. You can also use (boiled chickpeas or even Red Kidney Beans). I have used quinoa you can even use millet, which not only makes it wholesome but adds a wonderful crispy layer outside and makes it even more delicious. And just by itself becomes your full meal, because they are very filling. You can also make smaller sized balls which will be a perfect accompaniment to your evening tea.
Guilt-Free Snack Away with this awesome Finger food - Healthy No-Fry Quinoa Bites
With all the ingredients that go into this, its a perfect and tasty tea time snack, appetizer or a healthy treat to carry in your kid's tiffin box. There are so many unique ways to serve it, make a sandwich or burger patty with these or just wrap with some veggies in a wrap for a quick and delicious meal, you will enjoy these quinoa bites any which way.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup Cannellini beans, drained, rinsed & mashed
- 1 cup mix veggies(broccoli,carrots, bell peppers)you can add any veggies of your chioce
- 2 tablespoon Rice flour or chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon italian mix herb seasoning /(you can you zaatar or mediterranean or other seasoning of your choice)
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions .
- Next drain, rinse and add the beans in you food processor ,with the veggies.
- Give it a nice whirl.
- Remove it n a mixing bowl .
- Add in the cooked quinoa salt, pepper, mix herb and rice flour. Mix together with your hands.
- Once mixed thoroughly, begin forming balls tightly in your hands with the quinoa mixture, around the size of a tablespoon for each. Set them aside
- This should form 24 balls, minimum.
- Heat the appe pan .add few drops of oil. add in the quinoa bites in each hole and put the heat to medium and let it cook for 6-8 minutes .
- Keep rotating them, so you get nice and even color .
- When cooked serve them them ketchup or green chutney and see them vanish :D
- Air fryer method
- Air fry balls in a single even layer at 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Rotate the balls and continue air frying for 8 more minutes until crispy.
If you don't have Aebleskiver pan.
In a large non-stick skillet, heat olive oil over a medium high heat. Begin adding the quinoa balls to the pan, and cook until you can see them browning and crisp on all edges. Remove the nuggets with tongs, and set aside. Continue this until all the nuggets and cooked. Be gentle, they can crumble.
You can even bake them in the oven or make them in air-fryer
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.