Our Instant Pot buttered noodle recipe has a delicious flavor and creamy texture. The pressure cooker makes prep and clean up a breeze and gives you perfectly al dente noodles each time. Everyone in your family including the pickiest eaters will love this simple dish.
Come JOIN US on our FACEBOOK group and be a part of our community and discuss various recipes, tips and tricks.
LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES
- What are buttered noodles?
- Why you will love this Instant Pot buttered noodles recipe
- Ingredients to make the best buttered noodles
- Step by Step Instructions - How to make buttered noodles in Instant Pot
- Pro tips and tricks
- Other recipes you need to try
- Let us know what you think
- Easy Garlic Buttered Noodles
What are buttered noodles?
Buttered noodles are a simple, flavorful dish that are rich and creamy with a hint of saltiness.
They make a great side dish or a good meal for a sick family member who wants something smooth for their throat.
When you make them, you can add some simple veggies to fill it out, like peas or roasted broccoli.
Why you will love this Instant Pot buttered noodles recipe
When you make Instant Pot buttered noodles, you will find the process easy and quick. You won’t have to get a bunch of pots dirty either for these cooked noodles.
You will also love the al dente texture that the pressure cooker creates. The noodles have a soft, but slightly firm texture when you make them in the Instant Pot.
Ingredients to make the best buttered noodles
When you want to make buttered noodles, you will need:
- Vegetable stock - When you make it, you could use water instead, but we find veggie stock gives a bit more flavor.
- Garlic cloves - We mince the garlic, but you could crush it instead if you prefer.
- Butter - You can use salted or unsalted butter when you make the buttered noodles.
- Salt - These buttered noodles are seasoned with salt, so you can add as much or as little as you like.
- Mafaldine noodles - When we make the buttered noodles, we use mafaldine noodles, but you could use just about any pasta you like or have on hand.
- Parmesan cheese - You can use freshly grated or jarred if you like.
- Parsley – We use fresh chopped parsley.
Step by Step Instructions - How to make buttered noodles in Instant Pot
When you want to make this easy buttered noodle recipe, follow these steps:
- First, add broth, 1 tablespoon of butter, garlic, and salt to the Instant Pot.
- Next, break the pasta in half and spread them in two layers using a crisscross pattern.
- Use a spoon or spatula and gently press down to make sure all the noodles get some broth on them. They don't need to stay in the broth, but they all need to get wet.
- Next, add 2 tablespoons of butter but do not stir from this point on.
- Close the lid and then turn the vent to sealing position.
- Next, set the Instant Pot to manual high pressure and pressure cook for 4 minutes.
- Once done, let the pot release naturally for 5 minutes, and then quick release the remaining pressure with the manual pressure release.
- Open the pot and stir the pasta. We find using tongs helps to break apart any stuck noodles.
- Add in the remaining butter, Parmesan cheese, and pepper and then stir to combine all ingredients. Taste and then add more salt if desired.
- Finally, sprinkle on fresh parsley and serve.
**If there is additional liquid in the pot once noodles are cooked, set Instant Pot to saute and cook until absorbed.
Pro tips and tricks
Use these tips and tricks to make the best tasting buttered noodles:
- Use vegetable broth instead of salted water for a bit of extra flavor
- Use good quality parmesan and butter for the best texture and flavor
- You can set the Instant Pot on saute mode to evaporate additional water
Buttered noodles make an excellent side dish. When we make it, we serve it with our favorite main dishes and veggies to make a complete meal. The smooth, soft noodles are also very nice on a sore throat, so you may find that making them for a sick child may help ease their symptoms a bit.
We use mafaldine noodles when we make buttered noodles, but you could use just about any type of noodle you like.
You can make this recipe easily on the stove top. To do so, follow the instructions for cooking pasta on the stove top, since cooking times can vary. Once done, drain the water and then add the butter, parm cheese, and remaining ingredients. Over low heat, mix the noodles and butter together until well coated and fully melted. Serve with some fresh parsley on top and your favorite bread or breadsticks.
Other recipes you need to try
If you are looking for more noodle recipes to make for dinner, snack, or side dish, check out these other great favorites:
- Olive garden breadsticks
- Cacio pepe
- Dill pickle pasta
- Macaroni pasta salad
- Pasta chips
- Gigi hadid pasta
Let us know what you think
If you make this delicious recipe, let us know how it went! When you make this, be sure to take a pic and tag us on Instagram @dbellyrulesdmind or Facebook @thebellyrulesthemind!
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 4 cloves garlic – minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz mafaldine noodles, or pasta noodles you have on hand
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese – grated
- 2 tablespoon parsley – chopped
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hello, I am Soniya, the cofounder of The Belly Rules The Mind. Originally from Mumbai, India, I am settled in Virginia US with my husband.
I am a mother of 2 energetic boys, referred to as R2 (15-year-old) and R3 (10-year-old) on the blog. In case you are wondering who is R1, well that is my husband.
My hubby and I were born in Mumbai, India, where we were spoiled by the wealth of food choices available to us. We could enjoy everything from yummy street food to multi-cuisine restaurants and we became very picky about what we like and what we don't. Read more