This healthy vegetable Quinoa Pulao/Pilaf recipe is filled with colorful vegetables and is served with homemade yogurt. Naturally high in protein and gluten-free. This Easy Quinoa Pilaf is great for lunch or dinner and can be made in advance. This Vegetable Quinoa Pulao/Pilaf is yet another favorite quinoa dish that my family LOVES!! It’s light and refreshing and it's perfect for meal prep lunches, picnics or parties. It is a crowd-pleaser!
[avatar user="soniyasaluja" size="thumbnail" align="right" link="https://thebellyrulesthemind.net/about-us/" target="_blank"]Soniya Saluja[/avatar]
LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
There is SO much to love about this vegetable Quinoa pulao recipe: It’s has a 10 minute time stamp, abundant nutritional properties, and the way it effortlessly makes dinner feel fancy! This vegetable pilaf is super hearty and has so much flavor. It's also crazy easy to make. Once you make it once, you'll add it to your regular dinner rotation. But all that boring healthy stuff aside, it is also really great to eat. I'd take it over rice any day!
What vegetables can I add to this Vegetable Quinoa Pulao?
Traditionally in an Indian Pulao, you would add up a combination of peas, carrots, some cauliflower, potatoes. This recipe is versatile and you can choose your own veggies. There’s loads of goodness here: carrots, cauliflower, peas, green beans, quinoa, cilantro, onion and more. It takes 10 minutes and uses just a handful of basic ingredients to create an exotic, nourishing, and deeply comforting dish. It's high on the easy to make scale, I know you'll stop looking at the recipe after you make it once or twice. Pick your favorite frozen vegetable mix if you have it handy or empty your refrigerator with the vegetables you have.
A ‘pilaf’ by definition is a grain that has been cooked in a flavored broth – and quinoa cooked this way is extra flavorful! We used vegetable stock in our recipe today. Rounding this delicious quinoa pilaf with our 2 steps 2 ingredients Homemade yogurt.
IS TURMERIC GOOD FOR YOU?
One of the ingredients in this healthy curried quinoa is turmeric, which gives it a yellow color. Turmeric is probably one of the most commonly used spices in Indian cooking. Turmeric is in the ginger family and it’s a great anti-inflammatory. Preliminary research suggests that curcumin, the bright yellow polyphenol compound found in the spice, may even promote weight loss, lower risk of heart disease, and improve blood sugar control.
What is Quinoa?
If you haven't jumped on the quinoa train yet, you're seriously missing out. It is actually a seed. It is also gluten-free, a complete protein and a nutritional powerhouse. It's little wonder why it is being called a superfood. Try our other quinoa recipes
I love Meal prepping and a little meal prep goes a long way. With a wee bit of planning, some slicing and dicing this one-pot vegetable quinoa pulao pilaf comes together in quick time and easy cleanup! A nourishing vegan main dish that's fast enough for a weeknight or makes your sad office lunch really something awesome.
HERE'S HOW I MAKE THIS QUINOA PULAO/ PILAF:
- Raid the fridge and pull out all the veggies you can find as this is a great clean out the fridge dinner.
- Saute the veggies and add spices - all available in your pantry
- Add water or the broth and quinoa.
- Voila! Dinner is ready!
EASY QUINOA RECIPES:
If you like Quinoa and are short on time for making dinner or packing lunch for your kids, you should give the following Quinoa recipes a try and you will not regret it
- Having challenges with making bloomed quinoa? Try our tips and tricks to cook perfect Quinoa every time in an instant pot
- PINEAPPLE QUINOA FRIED RICE made in Instant Pot
- Chickpea & Cranberry Quinoa Pilaf
- Take the burrito bowl to the next level with our Instant Pot Quinoa Burrito Bowl
- The irresistible Vegetable Quinoa soup made in the instant pot
- 1 cup Quinoa / Rinsed
- One cup low sodium vegetable broth or water
- 2-3 green chilies
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Ginger & Garlic paste
- 1 bay leave
- 1/2 Onion / chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1/2 cup carrots / chopped
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets / small
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro to garnish
- Press the saute button on the Instant Pot. Once it displays hot, add the oil and then add the bay leaf and cumin seeds.
- Add the onion, ginger and garlic paste and stir. Add in the veggies, spices and the rinsed Quinoa Add water and stir everything together and close the pot.
- Press the manual or pressure cook button and cook on high pressure for 1 minute. The pressure valve should be in the sealing position.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then do a quick pressure release.
- Open the instant pot, add the lemon juice and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve hot or warm with yogurt.
- Rinse quinoa
- Heat oil on medium-high heat in a pot. Add the onions and ginger-garlic paste cook, stirring occasionally until the onions are translucent, but not browned.
- Add the veggies, spices and uncooked quinoa and cook, stirring occasionally for a couple more minutes. You can let some of the quinoa get a little toasted.
- Add 2-1/2 cup water and bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low so that the quinoa and water are simmering while the pot is partially covered (enough to let out some steam).
- Simmer for 20 minutes, or until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed. Remove from heat. Add the lemon juice and cilantro leaves. Fluff up with a fork.
You can use water instead of vegetable broth.
Want to use frozen vegetable mix? Sure this dish is versatile and can be adjusted with your favorite vegetables.
If making on a stovetop, the water ratio changes. 1cup Quinoa- 2-1/2 cups of water.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
truRoots Organic Quinoa 100% Whole Grain Premium Quality, 4 lbs (Pack of 2)
Instant Pot Ultra 6 Qt 10-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Cake Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and Sterilizer
Mealthy MultiPot 9-in-1 Programmable Slow and Pressure Cooker
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 159Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 0mgSodium 247mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 5gSugar 6gProtein 5g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. We are not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on TheBellyRulesTheMind.net should only be used as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate. Even though we try to provide accurate nutritional information to the best of our ability, these figures should still be considered estimates.