Instant pot Mexican Fiesta Rice – A party on your plate and a party in your mouth!! If you’re looking for a super quick, simple, and delicious Mexican Rice recipe — you’ve come to the right place. Simple and easy weeknight dinner for the family. The bonus of this recipe is that it’s a one-pot dish and hence that means a whole lot less clean-up is involved :) An easy versatile vegetarian dish. Above all, this fiesta rice is another DUMP and PUSH START Instant Pot recipe.
LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
This post was originally published in March 2018 and has been refreshed with instructions for Instant pot.
It seems like everyone these days has an electric pressure cooker! This Dump and push start Mexican Fiesta rice is hands-down one of the most common meals in my house. They’re great for a last-minute dinner recipe and make for versatile leftovers. This hassle-free recipe is a must-have in your kitchen. This is a favorite, simple Mexican Rice full of the Spanish flavors we love because its quick and full of flavors. How about 5 minutes quick? This is one of my family favorite recipe. All you need to do is make this once and from the next time you don’t even need to look at the recipe anymore. My tip is to use Basmati rice for this recipe as making Basmati rice is fail-proof! Trust me.
How to make Fiesta Rice in an electric Pressure cooker?
An incredible vegetarian meal that would excite your taste buds. Flavored with tomato, spices, beans & colorful veggies. This Mexican Fiesta Rice is easy to make and comes together quickly. Above all, it’s great as a main dish or as a side dish. As a professed hater of leftovers, this is one thing me & my boys actually eat the following day. Yep, it’s that good.
- Dump all the ingredients in the pot
Pour the water and stir
Close and seal. P
Pressure cook for 5 minutes
Once the Instant Pot beeps, do the QR (quick pressure release). Gently fluff the rice with a fork and serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
- Quick and easy work night comfort food
- All made in one pot makes cleanup a snap
- Tons of flavor
How to make Mexican Fiesta Rice a Perfect Lunchbox Idea
This Mexican Fiesta Rice is a standby favorite, with easy ingredients, convenient and simple in the Instant Pot. Therefore making this hands down one of my favorite Rice recipes! Great way to use cooked leftover rice too! Sometimes I use cooked rice instead of adding in uncooked rice. If using cooked rice, stir into the mixture at the very end.
What type of Rice can I use to make Fiesta Rice
You can use any Rice, therefore Brown rice or jasmine rice are all good. For ensuring success at making Basmati, Jasmine or Brown rice, check out our Instant pot perfect Rice post. This Mexican Fiesta Rice was the top item on the list of food items. It’s traditional Mexican/Spanish rice but kicked up a notch. This rice is perfect to serve at room temperature. This recipe is versatile and therefore you can add jalapeno and make it as spicy as you wish. In addition to being easy, this Mexican Fiesta Rice rice is vibrant and fresh.
They go well with anything and here are a few options –
- Stuff leftover fiesta rice in bell peppers
- Fill your enchiladas with it
- Make Burrito wraps’
- Possibilities are endless!
These Instant Pot fiesta rice bowls are ALL about the toppings!
- avocado dressing
- fresh tomatoes
- fresh lime wedges
- Tomatillo salsa verde
- Roasted salsa
- greek yogurt/ sour cream
- and so many more options!
For more Mexican Recipes:
- Tomatillo Salsa Verde
- Instant pot Best Charro Beans
- Instant pot Burrito Bowl
- Pineapple Guacamole
- Instant pot Spicy black bean soup
- Instant pot Churro bites
Check out the Avocado Rose Video
- One cups basmati rice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ red pepper/ diced
- 1 cup onion/ chopped
- ½ green bell pepper / diced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1-2 jalapeno/ chopped
- 1 can black beans/ drained and rinsed/you can use kidney beans, cannellini beans too
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- salt to taste
- 1-½ cup water
- 1 can tomato puree/ if using tomatoes at home take 4 tomatoes and make puree
- for garnish
- ½ cup shredded four cheese/optional
- ¼ cup cilantro/ chopped
- Add the rice, onion, peppers, corn, black beans, and water in the inner pot of your pressure cooker.
- Add the tomato puree, taco seasoning and salt to taste. Stir to combine, put the lid on and set valve to 'sealing'.
- Pressure cook on high for 5 minutes. when it is done. do a quick pressure release.
- Remove the lid. Sprinkle the top of the rice with cilantro and cheese.
- Serve with suggested toppings.
- stove top version
- Cook the rice according to instructions
- Heat oil in a pan and add onion and red /green pepper, jalapeno, corn and cook until soft, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add rinsed and drained black beans and taco seasoning & salt.
- mix and cook for a few minutes.
- Add in the tomato puree and mix it well.
- Stir the bean and veggie mixture into rice. Add the cilantro and mix.
- Serve it with a side of cheese, sour cream, chopped avocado, and lettuce!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.