This light and crispy No Fry Sabudana Vada /Tapioca Fritters is not only a fun snack to eat, but is also among the preferred foods during fasting days and festivals like Navratri. In my household, No Fry Sabudana Vada/Tapioca Fritters is also served for breakfast and sometimes the kids love to pack it for their lunches.
- 1 cup sago / sabudana/soaked overnite
- 1/2 cup peanuts, shelled, roasted, crushed in a chopper
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro / dhaniya, chopped
- 1-2 tsp green chilies, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 medium boiled potatoes, grated
- salt to taste
- Wash , rinse & soak Sabudana in a little water, just enough to cover it.
- Allow to soak overnight or for 5 to 6 hrs
- Add roasted peanuts, cilantro & Green chillies in a food processor ,grind it to coarse powder
- Now add the soak sabudana, mashed potatoes, lime juice,sugar, salt, crushed peanuts mixture, & cilantro.
- Mix carefully mix and make small balls with this mixture.
- Add some oil into the cavities of the appe pan and let it heat.
Place the vade / fritters in each cavity for aprox. 10-12 minutes on medium heat. Make sure your consistently turn sides, to evenly let them color.
- Serve the No Fry Sabudana Vada /Tapioca Fritters with green peanut chutney or yogurt.
For more healthy ideas and recipes subscribe to our email or follow us on Facebook to stay updated with all the healthy information we share. Check out our Pinterest boards for all the healthy eating inspiration you’ll ever need. For an unending buffet of healthy photographed food, follow us on Instagram