This year celebrate Basant Panchami / Vasant Panchami with foods that are actually good for you. Remember it's still January. New year, new you!!!
Basant Panchami also known as Vasant Panchami is a Hindu festival widely celebrated in India. It marks the beginning of Spring back home, signifying the ripening of crops. Different states celebrate it differently however, my childhood memories are associated it wearing yellow clothes and eating food that is yellow in color. The significance of yellow comes from the ripened yellow mustard fields in Northern India. We often enjoyed different types of food preparations throughout the day that were yellow in color. Although back then, we often had sweetened and savory rice, a yellow curry, yellow desserts etc., throughout the day. However this year we thought we'd be smart and to stay on track of 'New Year, New You' motto. So instead of consuming rich high caloric meals throughout the day, we thought we could definitely enjoy one festive meal and play smart with the other meals by making healthier choices. So that way's we still get to celebrate the festival while keeping it healthy and good for our body. So we came up with recipes from the blog that fit the criteria for each meal - breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner & dessert. You can either choose to make one of your meals healthy from the list below or enjoy one festive and keep the other meals healthy. Personally, we are making the latter choice as we think it's a smarter choice. Ofcourse we don't mind enjoy the meethe chawal (sweetened rice) once in a while but we will pick our other meals from here. What about you?
- Chia Oats Breakfast Parfait (V+GF) - Kickstart your day with this delicious and nutritious breakfast parfait.
- Mango Cilantro Dressing (V+GF) - Whip up a quick salad if you plan on relishing some festive food and pouring the most delicious dressing ever. Fill yourself up with a big bowl before you get to your maindish.
- Tofu Matar Masala (V+GF) - Enjoy a delicious meal packed with protein and good fats.
- Masala Puffed Rice - A perfectly light and crunchy snack to tantalize your tastebuds
- Apricot Energy Balls - Satisfy your sweet cravings with this naturally sweetened energy balls.
- Punjabi Kadhi with Spinach Pakode - Nothing beats Kadhi & SWeetned Rice specially when the pakode not fried.
- Mango Semolina Cake (V) - Incase your haven't enjoyed a sweet until dinner, now id the time to enjoy this delicious cake.
- Turmeric Latte (V+GF) - Wind down your day with this healing and soothing Turmeric Latte.