Air fryer garlic bread cooks up fast and makes the perfect side dish for any meal. Our simple recipe does not require any advanced cooking knowledge, so you can indulge in the crusty buttery delight and not have to rely on frozen brands. No one in your family will complain if you decide to serve this tasty air fryer garlic bread with your next meal.
LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES
This Recipe's Index
What is garlic bread?
Garlic bread is a buttery and flavorful bread that you can serve with most meals. Though it is Italian inspired, you can serve it with all sorts of different types of foods.
Traditionally, garlic bread uses a baguette either cut into slices or cut in half lengthwise. You then slather the bread slices in butter and then top with garlic, parmesan cheese, and some dried herbs and spices.
Ingredients for homemade garlic bread
When you are ready to make delicious homemade garlic bread in the air fryer, here’s what you’ll want to have on hand:
- Baguette - We use a French baguette, but you could use a sourdough or other variety if you prefer.
- Butter - You can use salted or unsalted, just add it to soften before starting.
- Garlic cloves - Instead of using garlic powder, we use fresh garlic that we mince or crush.
- Dried parsley - We use dried parsley in our bread, but you could sprinkle with fresh parsley at the end.
- Red pepper flakes - We use a very small amount so you can skip if you prefer.
- Cheeses - We use a combination of parmesan and shredded mozzarella cheese.
How to make garlic butter cheese spread
To make the garlic butter cheese spread, all you need to do is:
- First, allow the butter to soften to room temperature.
- Once the butter is ready, stir until the butter, red pepper flakes, garlic, and cheese are well combined.
Which bread to use to make garlic bread
When you make homemade garlic bread, you can use your bread of choice, but we find that using a French baguette works great.
If you prefer, you could use a whole grain version, sour dough, or any other variety you like. Just make sure the bread is strong enough to support the weight of the butter and cheese and that you cut it to a roughly 1/2 inch thickness.
How to make the garlic bread in air fryer from scratch
When you are ready to make garlic bread in the air fryer from scratch, follow these simple steps for best results:
- First, cut the baguette into ½-inch thick slices.
- Next, mix the softened butter, garlic, parsley, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and red pepper flakes in a bowl.
- Once the butter is ready, baste the garlic butter mixture generously on top of each bread slice.
- Next, place the garlic bread slices in the air fryer side by side and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes at 375 degrees.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, you can preheat your oven to 375 degrees, place the tray of garlic bread in the oven, and then bake for around 6 to 8 minutes.
- After the timer is up, carefully remove the garlic bread from the air fryer or oven and serve!
How long to cook garlic bread
How long you cook garlic bread for will vary some based on where you make it.
If you make it in the oven, you will need to bake it for about 7 to 8 minutes, but if you air fry the bread, it will take about 3 to 4 minutes.
In either situation, you should check on the bread and add or subtract time based on if they have reached a peak golden brown color.
Seasoning & variations
If you like, you can modify garlic bread a bit. Some suggestions include:
- Use olive oil instead of butter.
- Add fresh herbs, like basil, rosemary, and thyme on top at the end
- Use only parmesan cheese
- Skip the cheese altogether and use olive oil for a vegan version
- In a pinch, use garlic powder instead of fresh garlic.
What to serve with Garlic Bread
Garlic bread is a great side, and you can serve it with anything you might add a side of bread to. Some of our favorite meals to serve garlic bread with include:
- Spaghetti or any pasta dish
- As part of an appetizer spread
- With roasted or fried eggplant
- As the base of a sandwich
How to store Air fryer garlic bread
When you make homemade garlic bread, it is best to eat it right away. If you can’t or have left overs, you can wrap cooled bread slices in plastic wrap and place in an airtight container. You can then place the container in the fridge and store for about 4 days.
To reheat, you just need to place them in a warm oven until they warm through.
Pro Tips to make homemade garlic bread
When you want to make the best homemade garlic bread, follow these easy tips and tricks:
- Make sure to use softened butter to make mixing and spreading easier.
- Cut the slices to the same thickness to make sure they cook evenly.
- Check on the bread after about 3 minutes to make sure they are not cooking up to fast and adjust time as needed.
Fresh garlic or garlic powder
When we make garlic bread, we prefer fresh garlic. We find it has the best flavor and aroma. In a pinch, garlic powder will definitely work, but you will likely find fresh garlic has a much better flavor.
How to reheat garlic bread
If you have left overs, you can reheat the garlic bread in a warmed oven. Place the bread on a tray and bake for about 5 to 10 minutes or until warmed through.
Other great air fryer recipes to try
If you really love easy and healthy snack and side dish options, then you need to check out these other air fryer recipes:
- Air Fryer Pickles
- Air Fryer Okra
- Broccoli Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Carrots
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Sweet Potatoes Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
Let us know what you think
- 1/2 baguette, sliced in ½-inch thick slices
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- small pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Prepare the Bread
- Cut the baguette into ½-inch thick slices.
- Mix the softened butter, garlic, Parsley, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and red pepper flakes in a bowl.
- Baste the garlic butter mixture generously on top of the bread.
Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Place the garlic bread slices in the air fryer side by side and cook for about 3-4 minutes at 375 degrees.
Garlic Bread in Oven
- Preheat the oven at 375 degrees. Place the tray of garlic bread in the Oven for around 6-8 minutes.
Remove the garlic bread from your air fryer / oven and serve!
3-4 minutes for a softer texture, or 5 minutes for golden crisp edges
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Gourmia GAF400 Electric Multipurpose Classic Rapid Air Fryer with Dual Dial Timer & Temperature Controls, 10 Cup/4.5 Qt. Capacity, 1230W, Black
Instant Vortex Plus 10 Quart Air Fryer, Rotisserie and Convection Oven, Air Fry, Roast, Bake, Dehydrate and Warm, 1500W, Stainless Steel and Black
Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid 6 in 1, No Pressure Cooking Functionality, 6 Qt, 1500 W