Spice up your dinner with this fiery and delicious 🍝 Spaghetti Aglio E Olio! This quick and easy recipe will have you in and out of the kitchen in no time! Spaghetti Aglio e Olio is one of my favorite simple, vegetarian pasta spaghetti noodles with tons of garlic, red chili flakes, fresh parsley, and grated parmesan cheese, all cooked in Instant Pot. It’s a simple meal, but so flavorful! This is the dish to make when your pantry is almost bare.
Make sure to REPIN this recipe and follow us on PINTEREST
Wowza, Y’all. Who is not a fan of Pasta! hmm? and hope you’re a fan of spicy food because We’ve got a great recipe for you today! If you like hot and spicy dishes, you MUST make this recipe soon!! If you have never had a Spaghetti Aglio e Ohio before, this is your chance. It is so flavorful and easy. The sauce has no cream! I have no idea who came up with such an idea – but it is pretty brilliant.
What is Spaghetti Aglio e Olio?
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio might sound fancy, but this classic Italian recipe from Naples simply translates to “spaghetti with garlic and oil.” It’s usually cooked by first sautéing minced garlic in olive oil and then mixing with spaghetti, grated parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, and parsley. A quintessential pasta dish made with a handful ingredient, packed with so much flavor, and it is amazingly garlicky without being too overpowering. The key is the extra Parmesan cheese that goes right on top for serving which is almost as crucial as the crusty garlic bread served along with the dish.
What is different about Spaghetti with Garlic and Oil?
It is cooked in One pot. All of the recipes that you will see or search for spaghetti Aglio e olio will ask that you cook the spaghetti noodles in a separate pot of boiling water. We make everything in the same pot, our latest kitchen gadget Instant-pot, including the spaghetti. So now you will ask what are the benefits of doing this? Firstly you don’t need to wrangle more than one pot for this recipe. :P pasta water, or water used for boiling and cooking the pasta, is automatically re-used to form the pasta sauce for the spaghetti.
This is the ultimate dump and start Spaghetti with oil and garlic recipe.
The fact that this recipe is ready in 15 minutes might persuade you to make it. If that didn’t, the fact that it cooks in one pot absolutely would seal the deal for this being the best weeknight dinner meal ever.
This dish doesn’t need you to make a trip to the grocery store Seriously, No kidding just a few ingredients and you very own Instant- pot and you are all set! When it comes to pasta, simple is often best. 🍝 This spaghetti Aglio e Olio is creamy (without a lick of cream), satisfying, slightly spicy—and best of all, it only takes 15 minutes.
It’s our lazy weekend dinner night where we don’t really want to do any chopping or too much cooking and let the instant pot do its MAGIC and we would much rather spend that time on the couch in our favorite PJs and catch up on our favorite Tv show
What kind of spaghetti is used for this recipe?
I use spaghetti type artisan pasta I found in my favorite store ( Homegoods) for this recipe, so the cooking time estimate below is specifically for spaghetti. If you use a different type of pasta, your cooking time will differ. This recipe works great with traditional pasta, whole-wheat, and even gluten-free pasta –and making it work for any dietary need is a bonus in any household. 15 Minute Spaghetti Aglio e Olio is the quickest and easiest weeknight or weekend dinner or lunch recipe. It’s a simple spaghetti recipe that’s bursting with big delicious flavors!
Spaghetti with Garlic and Oil Recipe Video
Some tips on how to serve spaghetti Aglio e Olio
- I use spaghetti type pasta for this recipe, so the cooking time estimate below is specifically for spaghetti. If you use a different type of pasta, your cooking time will differ. I recommend using thin noodles only so that it doesn’t take long to cook.
- This dish is best eaten while hot. Once it cools, the noodles will become sticky since it’s covered with parmesan cheese. You can skip the parmesan. You want to eat it while it’s hot and the noodles are still silky smooth. Keep the dish on a warm to keep it hot if you’re not serving immediately.
- You can eat this spaghetti on its own, or pair with a salad or bread.
- Having easy recipes that come to the rescue with kitchen staples are a must! Bonus: this dish makes a terrific thermos lunch for both my kiddos. Win-win!
I have to admit that they’re a bit too spicy for my youngest two kiddos, so I usually make something a little more mild for them! But for me and my hubby, we love them!! hope you all try and enjoy this recipe like rest of our recipes! Buon appetito!
check out our Italian recipes :
- 16 0z spaghetti imported from Italy or Barilla spaghetti
- 3 cups water
- 1Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 15 garlic cloves chopped/ thinly sliced( if you prefer less garlicky use around 8-10 garlic cloves)
- 1/2 Tbsp red pepper flakes/ increase or decrease according to your taste
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley/ chopped
- 1Tbsp Parmesan cheese/ optional
- Add olive oil and butter ( you can skip butter if vegan)and let the butter melt
- Add the chopped and julienne garlic and stir. Cook until the garlic is golden browned, a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add red chili flakes pepper, and chopped parsley and stir.( Do not let the garlic burn)
- Pour the water and place the spaghetti ( if using regular spaghetti break the spaghetti noodles in half, and place into the water)
- Use a spoon or spatula and kind of press down to make sure all the noodles get some water on them. They don't need to stay in the water, but just get all of them wet.
- Close the lid and turn the vent to sealing position. Set the Instant Pot to manual high pressure for 5 mins.
- Let the pot release naturally for 5 minutes, and then release the remaining pressure with the manual pressure release.
- After the pressure indicator has lowered, remove the lid carefully. It will look watery at this point.
- Use tongs to stir well, and pick apart any stuck pieces. There will be a few stuck pieces.
- Allow the spaghetti to rest for 5 minutes to let some of the liquid evaporate. You can give it a stir a time or two during this to help it out. The liquid will reduce after a few minutes.
- Serve with fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese, if desired
Leftover can be saved in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Tongs are extremely useful for separating the spaghetti.
Do NOT use angel hair pasta for this recipe. Angel hair has a much quicker cook time that standard spaghetti noodles and will over cook and/or burn when used in this recipe.