Air Fried Spicy Roasted Chickpeas are a delicious, easy appetizer for entertaining and are perfect for homemade gifts. They’re absolutely addicting! The best healthy snack just got even better and we are Air-frying them and You only need a few ingredients for this healthy, high protein, gluten free and vegan treat! Skip the croutons and add these for the crunch in your salad 🥗!
Well well looks like spring has officially arrived. I sorta keep pinching myself because it was like yesterday the year started !“Time flies” is an understatement. My life revolves around juggling chaotic schedules of both my boys R2 and R3 + home chores + blogging. I love cooking and I like my food to be delicious, fast, full of protein and kid-friendly so both my boys will also be happy to gobble up!
When life gives you Chickpeas, turn it into Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
Have you ever sent your hubby for grocery shopping ?? Well, I only ask him when there is an emergency because I know if I gave him a list of 10 things I want, I will get 10 more which I didn’t ask for..psssst tell me ladies that I am not the only one. Fast forward to weekend>> My husband came home from the grocery store with (2) 4lb bags of dried chickpeas >>>>Yes you read it correctly, his reasoning they were on sale for $2:99 each. It’s good for him that we love chickpeas and cook varieties of recipes with it.
Are Chickpeas healthy?
- They are high in fiber, they are an excellent snack for people with diabetes, as it is shown that it reduces blood glucose levels.
- They are great for bone health because they contain iron, phosphate, calcium, magnesium, zinc and vitamin K. Which are all shown to improve bone strength and structure.
- Vitamin K also helps your body absorb calcium, which is great if you have osteoporosis.
- Chickpeas are low-sodium, which is great for keeping your blood pressure low.
- High fiber is shown to help cholesterol
- Chickpeas contain the mineral selenium which helps reduce cancer risk
They are also inexpensive – Win-Win! Best of all they work well for almost everybody. Chickpeas are naturally gluten-free and vegan. I keep them on hand for snacking, serve them at parties, and pack them for road trips travel.
How do I incorporate the spicy roasted chickpeas into my diet?
If you haven’t tried roasted chickpeas before, you’re in for a real treat. These cuties are so versatile add them on salads, sandwich, wraps or even on top of avocado toast, but roasting and seasoning them makes for a crunchy, salty snack that tastes amazing and is packed with fiber and protein.
If you’re looking for a salty spicy snack for Friday movie night or any time of year, give these Roasted Chickpeas a try. The recipe calls for a minimum amount of ingredients and comes together quickly, promising light and crunchy texture that’s hard to resist. They’re sure to be a hit!
Quick Notes / Recommendations for making these Roasted Chickpeas
You should make your own chickpeas at home instead of purchasing store bought. Check out the Instant Pot Beans post for the exact time needed to make them. Some people don’t add the oil while roasting, but I’ve always added a few tsp of oil or spray the chickpeas as it helps to coat the spices and seasoning. This also helps get them just the right texture I like. All air friers vary a bit so if your chickpeas need an extra few minutes or so to crisp up you can always stick them back in. You can also easily double the recipe as I do in the summer holidays or if you’re making these for a party snack – they’re sure to move fast!
Can I make these Roasted Chickpeas in different flavors?
This Spicy Air-fry Roasted Chickpeas recipe is super versatile because you can really use any seasoning you want. I chose a very simple basic blend because I was in the mood for something spicy, but you can follow the same technique and create your own flavors. The flavor possibilities are endless!
- Cheesy – When they’re done roasting, toss with a little bit of olive oil, nutritional yeast, and salt. You can also add garlic or onion powder to your cheesy roasted chickpeas.
- Curried – Curry powder, garlic, onion, and salt make tasty, spiced.
- Chili-Lime – toss with lime juice, chili powder, and garlic powder and onion powder.
- Spiced Maple – Paprika, black pepper, and maple syrup mix everything together.
Looking for more options to use Chickpeas?
We have a lot of recipes that use Chickpeas as the primary ingredient. Check out a few notable ones
- Restaurant Style Chana Masala
- Chickpea Spinach wraps
- Pindi Chole
- Grilled Falafel Sandwich
- ZA’ ATAR Hummus
- Homemade Hummus Trio
Check out the Spicy Roasted Chickpeas recipe below
Looking for more recipes using the Air Fryer?
- Plantain/banana chips,
- Apple Chips,
- Kurkure Bhindi (Air fried Okra),
- Korean cauliflower are just a few recipes that you can make in your Air Frier. These are healthier versions of the deep fried ones.
- 2 cups Boiled chickpeas cooked or 15 oz canned chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- salt to taste
Mix in the oil, and then mix in the spices.
In a bowl, toss together the chickpeas and the oil and spices and mix them well .( If you are using canned chickpeas draining the chickpeas. Make sure they are fully drained and patted completely dry)
Then spread the chickpeas into the air fryer basket evenly , set the air fryer at 375 degrees F and set the 12-15 minutes Shake the basket, after 6 minutes.
Serve warm, or cool completely and then store in an airtight container (see Notes below).
If you are using canned chickpeas draining the chickpeas. Make sure they are fully drained and patted completely dry.
You can store your Air Fryer Chickpeas in an airtight container in your pantry. They’ll keep for two to three days.
- GoWISE USA 1700-Watt 5.8-QT 8-in-1 Digital Air Fryer and 50 Recipes for your Air Fryer Book (Black)
- Gourmia GAF400 Electric Multipurpose Classic Rapid Air Fryer with Dual Dial Timer & Temperature Controls, 10 Cup/4.5 Qt. Capacity, 1230W, Black
- Goya Chick Peas, 1 Pound
- Goya Chick Peas, 6 Count,15.5 OZ
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.